TriCities Rocketeers 2018

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rharshberger

Reaction score
Heads Up! TCR is excited to start our 2018 flying season on March 3rd (weather permitting of course)is our first launch of the season! More info to follow as we get closer to the launch.

We have a big year planned this year with a 3-day and a 4-day launch planned, June Swoosh is our yearly 3-day launch and will be held in a similar manner to last years launch.

NEW for 2018 is our 4-day launch over the Labor Day Weekend, the First Annual Sod Blaster! This launch will be hosted in cooperation with Oregon Rocketry (OROC) so we will be able to have a EX day per TRA and the rest of the launch will be under NAR sanction. Due to the location of a non-member residence we are not able to get a windowed waiver in excess of our standard 10,000'.

Looking forward to the new season, see you at the Sod Farm!

I'm working during the March launch so will miss. It looks like by sons BS troop would like to attend either the April or May launch. We shall see.

We are looking for ideas for this years June Swoosh and Sod Blaster Launches for contests. As we have all ages in the club the contests need to be doable to all classes of rocketry LPR, MPR and HPR. We will of course do several spot landing competitions throughout the year but we are looking for something special for the big launches this year.

How about max flight time on an A8-3, anything goes but if the rocket separates then the first piece down stops the clock.

Hoping to make it out to a few launches this year... Hopefully I will be at all of the fall ones! They might be my only launches of the year!

Back