BlackFly Epidemic

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:facepalm:
Every time I go to the MAC site I get madder and madder. :mad:
First Ethos (the main one I had my eye on) disappears.
Mike and I have various conversations about kitting up me an Ethos and then upscaling a Black Fly to 3". While we are discussing the upscale....
Ethos comes back, as Ethos 2.0 with 38MMT, and quite a bit cheaper.
Finally dropped enough hints to the near-wife for Ethos 2.0 for my birthday that I think she got the hint. Mailman handed me a long skinny box the other day (I am not allowed to look at shipping labels when my birthday is getting close) and he asked me if I was into rocketry. It kinda ruined the surprise but pretty sure there is a MAC kit hiding somewhere in the house.
The short run of 4" Black Flies with 54MMT made me wonder why Ethos 2.0 wasn't available with 54MMT.
Now the site is swarming with Black Flies of all sizes.
And finally Ethos 2.0 is now available with 54MMT, which wasn't available when the suspected Ethos 2.0 arrived here. :mad:

Disclaimer
Not mad at all and I mean nothing negative with this post.

Keep up the good work Mike. :cheers:
Been wanting a MAC kit for a while now just keep putting it off, mainly because I couldn't decide which to get, and now there are a few on my list. I hope to have Ethos 2.0, or whatever is in the box (possibly but unlikely a Black Fly of some flavor I suppose), in my hands soon and I'll likely be contacting you for a nose cone bay and fin alignment jig.

If I am trying to make a point it would be: (pretty sure) I will soon to be a MAC owner and I am gonna fly the snot out of my Ethos 2.0 (if that is indeed what is in the box) on 38/360 loads, a few 480s, and I think I have a 600 case too, maybe that will fit. And I won't have to adapt down for it to be a regular flier. My 38MMT birds fly A LOT more than my 54MMT.

But I may have to grab a 4" Black Fly with the 54MMT at a later date. Well played sir, well played. :wink:

I think the moral of this story is: buy more MAC, you're going to time it wrong anyhoo on account of they keep making more cool stuff.

Dude!

Pluto/SLAM is one of my favorites. And the creepiest rocket ever, what with the irratdiating of everything under it's flight path...

Can't wait!

If Mike keeps coming out with such cool kits, I'm going to be cash poor for the rest of my life......

Mac fan in Da' House!

A Little sneak peek :wink:

IMG_20180119_193758_499.jpg IMG_20180122_174006_971.jpg IMG_20180127_201509_216.jpg

Last edited:
Dang it mike - arg I shouldn’t have looked

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Back