CTI 29mm F29 with a chip on its shoulder

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LithosphereRocketry

Pining for the Fjords
Reaction score
So I was exhibiting some of my rocketry stuff at a local maker faire today when I noticed this:
0215181943.jpg

It's a bit hard to see, but that's a CTI Pro29 nozzle with a small chip out of the lip on the shoulder. Is this still OK to fly? I would guess not, but I'd just like to see what people think.

hard to tell, but does the chip undermine the lower edge of the o-ring? Or is it just a tangential "wedge" off the shoulder, leaving the o-ring in full contact with the base and wall of the nozzle? If the o-ring competence isn't impacted, I would wager it's safe to fly...unless it's a crazy long-burn or Vmax. That said, I'm just a guy on the internet, so...

Little hard to see, if the chip is not in to the O-ring groove should be just fine. Looks like it's well aft of the o-ring.

Thanks all!

It's an F29 Imax, so nothing crazy. The chip is on the little ridge where the nozzle meets the edge of the liner, aft of the O-ring. Sounds like I should be OK, then?

Back