New Vendor Announcement: Lab Rat Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cl(VII)

Chris Bender, Lab Rat
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Today I’m launching my new business, Lab Rat Rocketry, and new website, www.labratrocketry.com. Because of the popularity, and positive feedback I received with the beta production runs of my Eggfinder and Eggfinder mini sleds, as well as with the various mounting options, I’ve decided to go legit.

To start with I will be offering the same Eggfinder, Eggfinder mini and TeleGPS all-thread free mounting sleds that I sold previously here and on eBay. Along with a few other things, like extra screws and compatible welded eyebolts that various people requested over the last year, are also available in the shop. As time goes by I expect to expand the product line, and am always open to suggestions for what you would like to see available. Please submit those through the contact form on the webpage, so as to not flood this thread.

In addition to the shop you will find a detailed User Guide for each sled and mounting option.

I want to also take a moment to thank the beta testers of the various products, as well as, Cris Erving from Eggtimer Rocketry and Jim Amos from Missileworks for their encouragement and advice along the journey from idea to today.

In anticipation of this announcement I have stockpiled a decent amount of product, but to be honest, I have no idea what response to expect, so here we go…

Wishing good luck and great success with this venture. I can brag I knew you when you were just a little BAR. :)

Thanks for asking. I was ambiguous at best in my initial post. Missileworks versions, including the shock cord sleeve, are available exclusively through the Missileworks website.

Last edited:
I ordered 3 of the sleds off eBay a month or so ago. I really like them. They are well designed. I wish you success.

This is awesome. If I get a printer, do we need to setup a backup / overflow production process? Just and FYI, website does not render on an iPhone..... as if you don’t have enough other items on the docket as a startup :). Looking forward to hear and seeing more great Lab Rat Rocketry products.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

This is awesome. If I get a printer, do we need to setup a backup / overflow production process? Just and FYI, website does not render on an iPhone..... as if you don’t have enough other items on the docket as a startup :). Looking forward to hear and seeing more great Lab Rat Rocketry products.

Thanks for the heads up. It now works on my Android. If it doesn't work on the iPhone now let me know.

Last edited:
Well done Chris!!! Best of luck with your venture! As an earlier customer I am extremely happy with your products and have shown them off and demonstrated them to several at my club's launches. I hope it sends business your way. If you ever come up with something like stickers for advertising, I would slap a couple on my field box.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Last edited:
Outstanding. I need another sled. And some pull pin switch holders.

I ordered 3 of the sleds off eBay a month or so ago. I really like them. They are well designed. I wish you success.

Hope it all goes well Chris! Good product and service from my perspective :)

Well done Chris!!! Best of luck with your venture! As an earlier customer I am extremely happy with your products and have shown them off a demonstrated them to several at my club's launches. I hope it sends business your way. If you ever come up with something like stickers for advertising, I would slap a couple on my field box.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Thanks very much for the testimonials, and any word of mouth "advertising" is very appreciated.

Very cool news Chris! Wish you well!

Congrats on your new endeavor. I'll definitely check out the T3 sleeve.

Hadn't been here in awhile and glad to see you got this rolled out! Congrats on spinning up your wares in your new webstore. Chris has been a phenomenal supplier and manufacturer for Missile Works, and his attention to details speaks to his ethos. His home page sums it up perfectly:

Our goal is to supply straightforward solutions for the "little things", so you can get the most out of your time in the field.

Thanks for the good word Jim. Thanks to all of those who have signed up for email notifications, and of course those who have placed orders. All outstanding orders have shipped, and some items are in the process of being restocked, or having the on hand amounts beefed up.

Thanks all.

FYI: I just tried to visit your site and got the following error message

Thanks for the heads up. What browser are you using? I just got it to work with Firefox and Explorer on my PC, and Chrome on my Android.

Because i have gotten this question a few times now.

Yes, I will ship internationally. However, I have not activated that feature within the website as I want to sufficiently test the domestic shipping features to find any bugs before rolling out the pricier international shipping. Therefore, if you would like to place an order for delivery outside the US please reach out through the contact page on the website with what you would like to order, your PayPal associated email address, and your mailing address. I will then prepare the package (to calculate accurate shipping charges), and invoice you through PayPal.

I will add a page to the website in the next few days explaining this more clearly, and I appreciate those that have reached out thus far.

Also, the double pull-pin switch kits are now in stock.

Thanks for the heads up. What browser are you using? I just got it to work with Firefox and Explorer on my PC, and Chrome on my Android.

Ooops, I missed your reply. Sorry about that. My browser of choice is Pale Moon. Currently using ver. 27.7.1. x64

Edit: I just tried your site again and the error message did not appear.

Ooops, I missed your reply. Sorry about that. My browser of choice is Pale Moon. Currently using ver. 27.7.1. x64

Edit: I just tried your site again and the error message did not appear.

Thanks for getting back to me. Glad it is working. I was doing some SEO stuff that day, and it must have tripped something out.

Also, thanks for all the orders folks. Apparently the double pull pin switch kit excited you guys. All orders placed are either in the mail or packaged for shipment in the morning. Additionally, thanks for your patience on working out the kinks in the website. I sent a lot of $3 shipping overage refunds over the last few days, but I think I have the calculator close to working properly now...at least I hope I do. In any event, you will never be overcharged for shipping. If the website overcharges, you will be refunded the difference when your package is prepared for shipment.

Lastly, I have added an international order form to the website. Because I way don't trust the international shipping calculator, so I ask that any non-US customers fill out this contact form, and I will invoice you through PayPal for those goods and actual shipping charges.

Thanks again for the encouragement, and of course, orders.

Lastly, I have added an international order form to the website. Because I way don't trust the international shipping calculator, so I ask that any non-US customers fill out this contact form, and I will invoice you through PayPal for those goods and actual shipping charges.
Fantastic. It will be better for you too as the postage calculators usually overestimate and can put off some buyers from even contacting you.

Back