Kitty Licks

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daddyisabar

Oddroc scum. Mindsimmer.
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I know that rocket motors and fins should go on the backside of the rocket, but every so often I build one with the motors up front. As silly as tractor motors are they do provide some advantages. Recently I have found another advantage. After a launch the tractor motored rockets are covered in black powder residue that must be wiped off before the rockets come back in the house because the wife says my rockets stink. Even after a good wipe down, a good once over like Wolf required Jules and Vincent perform in Pulp Fiction, there is still a bit of residue. After being left on for a few months I had to move the rockets to the ping pong table to make way for new furniture. Later that evening I heard a strange, repetitive licking sound of a rough tongue on smooth surface. Walking over to the table I found Hauptman Kitty licking away, slurping up the delicious minerals he needs for survival in the wild. The Hauptman Kitty needs no salt lick, just recently flown tractor or mid canted motored rockets. Both the Heavenly Rider and Undead Pict Warrior got a thorough lick down and cleaning, taking several five minute lick sessions to get every last bit out of every nook and cranny on the bone rockets. All mineraled up the Hauptman is ready for his favorite Friskies Buffet "Captain's Choice," but the wife insists only on Imes hair ball control to mitigate the stink of the Friskies dinners. Guess more tractor motors will have to be burned to keep the Kitty Licks in place.

Kittylick 1.jpgKittylick 2.jpgKittylick 3.jpgKittylick 4.jpg

Might want to keep kitty away from the AP motors.

I like pic #3. Cats always look like they have wheels like a drag racer when they sit like that.

Thats good stuff- I always loved the look in pic 2 of your first post, normally cats do that when they smell a complex smell they cant figure out, too funny .

Thats good stuff- I always loved the look in pic 2 of your first post, normally cats do that when they smell a complex smell they cant figure out, too funny .

Open the mouth and breath in the charcoal and sulfur smell. The saltpeter will kill the nastyness of all the rodent meat from the back yard and maybe take some of the edge off when it comes to the lady cats! He is an Aristocat!

Might want to keep kitty away from the AP motors.

I like pic #3. Cats always look like they have wheels like a drag racer when they sit like that.

Licking up the AP is not good for the thyroid and doesn't taste as good, so we will keep kitty away from the high power birds.

He sat like that for a long time, butt up and face down licking away at the delicious residue. YUMMY!

We had a cat that used to like the tast of gasoline. If we spilled one or two drops he’d lap it right up. One day we spilled quite a bit more without realizing it. He licked it all clean and then started running in crazy circles until finally he just rolled right over onto his back.

Steve Shannon

We had a cat that used to like the tast of gasoline. If we spilled one or two drops he’d lap it right up. One day we spilled quite a bit more without realizing it. He licked it all clean and then started running in crazy circles until finally he just rolled right over onto his back.

Steve Shannon

Sounds like a real "Junkie Kitty" , you could call him Gasser. You would have to be very careful with the delicious antifreeze around that one. On my Uncle's farm I always remember the problems they had with feral cats sleeping in the engine compartments during the winter. Can't blame them as I pass out the recently used Estes BP motors as hand warmers on the cold days.

Steve Shannon

Rolled over, but still alive, right?

Sounds like a real "Junkie Kitty" , you could call him Gasser. You would have to be very careful with the delicious antifreeze around that one. On my Uncle's farm I always remember the problems they had with feral cats sleeping in the engine compartments during the winter. Can't blame them as I pass out the recently used Estes BP motors as hand warmers on the cold days.

I love the smell of used BP motors.

I knew I would not be disappointed in a thread titled 'Kitty Licks'. Great photos and odd rocs.

Tony

ps: you need a blast deflector!

Last edited:
Interesting how BP is nutritious but AP is not. Is that why vegans only eat black powder motors? Is it about nutrition or ethics?

Rolled over, but still alive, right?

Yeah, he just ran out of gas.

Sorry, it’s a very old joke. The subject of the post brought it to mind.
None of our cats ever seemed attracted to gasoline and if they had, I’d like to think we would have been careful not to let them near it.

Steve Shannon

Last edited:
Interesting how BP is nutritious but AP is not. Is that why vegans only eat black powder motors? Is it about nutrition or ethics?

Well, that Kitty ain't no vegan! It must be that top secret blend Estes uses. A bit-o iron in there? Modified whistle mix for the propellant, more of a flare & smoke bomb mix for the delay, and normal BP for the ejection. Poopy clay nozzles and cap.

I don't eat motors, I just burn them! But that does eat up a lot of motors.

Although I could live on a steady diet of AP as well.

Back