Wile E Coyote Rocket Sled scratch build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoachSteve

Reaction score
New to this forum but I thought it was time I shared some of my passion for low to mid power fun. Here is a scratch build I haven't launched yet but OR sim looks promising :)

Its 24mm ready with single deploy parachute for the rocket and separate chute for Wile E.
printed waterslide decals and hand made nose cone. Cant wait to launch.

What an outstanding concept...a rocket sled that is NAR-legal. Kudos. :headbang:

I gotta say, I love this! I've been thinking about a HPR scratch build based on Mattel's Major Matt Mason line. Nothing would be better than to fly a Matt Mason figure in a payload compartment at supersonic speeds. Don't know Matt Mason? Your rocketry education needs a boost. Google it now!

Wile E does have his own chute! Notice the harness he sits in, going to be so much fun to see him "eject"

I gotta say, I love this! I've been thinking about a HPR scratch build based on Mattel's Major Matt Mason line. Nothing would be better than to fly a Matt Mason figure in a payload compartment at supersonic speeds. Don't know Matt Mason? Your rocketry education needs a boost. Google it now!

A Vintage Major Mason will run you a pretty penny - epic though. Be sure to share with all of us if you realize your dream.

Damn!!! I'd been working on something like that for a while now... No supplies, no chance to finish it.

A.C.M.E Rocket.png

Coach, Yours Looks GREAT!!!

Remember, Pointy Side Up!

Thanks for the warm welcome all - I have plenty of more scratch builds I will be sharing if that's ok with you all :)

Thanks all - I grew up watching Looney Tunes (Saturday mornings only of course) - had to build it
I have another Wile E build as well - here are a few picts

FlisKits ACME Spitfire kit with a few additions :)

It's not fair that some people are so creative, and other people like me are so ... uh, boring.

If you have any video of these guys launching, I would love to see it!

It's not fair that some people are so creative, and other people like me are so ... uh, boring.

If you have any video of these guys launching, I would love to see it!

And don't get discouraged on the creativity part - places like this are amazing for ideas and all you have to do is start tinkering - the creations will come :)

And don't get discouraged on the creativity part - places like this are amazing for ideas and all you have to do is start tinkering - the creations will come :)

Not to me they won't. And even if I did manage to build something like that I'd be too afraid to launch it. Your rockets are amazing.

lol - Grab yourself an Estes designers special and a free copy of Open Rocket

Magic will happen :)

This is getting a bit far afield but...

Not to me they won't. And even if I did manage to build something like that I'd be too afraid to launch it. Your rockets are amazing.

If you're starved for inspiration then try using someone else's idea as a starting point. Some folks literally have nothing better to do with their lives than dream up designs they have no time to build. Not that most (any?) are as awesome as this one. :)

I appreciate the encouragement, but I just don't think my brain is wired up that way. It does make me appreciate people who can create what you guys do, and I love it when something other than 3FNC shows up at a launch. I'll follow the owner around all day asking him when he's going to launch it.

I appreciate the encouragement, but just don't think my brain is wired up that way. It does make me appreciate people who can create what you guys do, and I love it when something other than 3FNC show up at a launch. I'll follow the owner around all day asking him when he's going to launch it.

You and I are exactly alike. I'm one of those people who can write good fan fiction but could not come up with an original story if I had to. :(

Back