electronics in the nose cone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketman4h

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
How are you all mounting electronics in 38mm nose cones? This is a MD Madcow rocket that has a 3 pc. FG Nose cone… Cone, shoulder and cap. I am trying to keep the weight down but be robust enough. I get the part of mounting the Eggtimer and battery to a board, but what do you mount that assembly to?

This is how I do it,

Evidently adding photos via the App is problematic.

Last edited:
How are you all mounting electronics in 38mm nose cones? This is a MD Madcow rocket that has a 3 pc. FG Nose cone… Cone, shoulder and cap. I am trying to keep the weight down but be robust enough. I get the part of mounting the Eggtimer and battery to a board, but what do you mount that assembly to?

I've used Chris Benders Eggtimer nose mount in multiple 38mm rockets:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?141570-EggFinder-(full-sized)-3D-printed-sled

a

Chris Bender sleds are awesome. Eggfinder mini with 300 mAh 2s lipo.

Mine has been made modular for any nose over 2.6". But easily goes back to 38mm.
1213170759a.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

You can also wrap the sled in bubble wrap or foam rubber and stuff that into the NC. Make sure it doesn't move around at all.

I've used Chris Benders Eggtimer nose mount in multiple 38mm rockets:
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?141570-EggFinder-(full-sized)-3D-printed-sled

a

Chris Bender sleds are awesome. Eggfinder mini with 300 mAh 2s lipo.

Mine has been made modular for any nose over 2.6". But easily goes back to 38mm.
View attachment 338487

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I'm glad they are working out well for you. I get a kick out of knowing my designs get to fly more than I do.

I will note that I have been politely informed that my commercial activities through TRF will require my joining as a Sponsor.

rharshberger your solution looks decent although it will just leave .2" width for the ring... not much to work with

AFAdeed... Those Chris Bender sleds look sweet...they mat do the trick

Joel

If I can find the photos I have a 38mm FG Frenzy XL where the bulkhead is permanently attached to the nose coupler and the coupler is held in place in the nose cone with three 2-56 screws.

Latest posts

Back