Reducing ejection charge in CTI motors

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phyzzld

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have a PML Callisto with piston ejection. It works well except that it seems that the ejection charge in the CTI motors (G & H) seem to be too large and it is causing the piston to snap back into the airframe. Fortunately no airframe damage but there are some nicks in the piston.

I want to remove the motor ejection charge and repack it with a smaller charge. Are there any gotchas I should look out for while doing this?

Thanks,
Jeff

I have a PML Callisto with piston ejection. It works well except that it seems that the ejection charge in the CTI motors (G & H) seem to be too large and it is causing the piston to snap back into the airframe. Fortunately no airframe damage but there are some nicks in the piston.

I want to remove the motor ejection charge and repack it with a smaller charge. Are there any gotchas I should look out for while doing this?

Thanks,
Jeff

https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?144440-Reducing-CTI-PRO-29-BP-ejection-charge&p=1761230

I also have a Callisto I've been flying since 2003. I only use 0.5g of powder for ejection charges, but I only fly AT in it so it's pretty easy to adjust the powder. Once you figure out the amount you want to use, stick with it. Don't let a site condition change your mind. I've dealt with a few damaged components because I thought, "Oh, because of conditions today, using a little more will be OK". NOT!

Back