Red Glare 19

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like you've got a drinker with a rocket problem. :grin:

Those are awesome liftoff pics. Looks like a good time was had.

That is the AGM-83 Bulldog, not the AGM-12 Bullpup. Just FYI.

I don't know the difference, but the decal on that rocket says AGM-12D.
39676191360_0b390ae09b_o.jpg

I don't know if this is correct or not---
It's the placement of the cannards...
They're behind the nose cone on the Bull Pup,,
and further forward on the nose cone on the Bull Dog..

Teddy

Bull Dog or Bull Pup is this a FG rocket?? Or is it a PML kit?

Hey guys, so this is a scratch build using PML parts. The airframe is PML 11.675 phenolic wrapped in glass but is compatible with Rocketry Warehouse, Madcow, whomever, fiberglass tube if that is what you wanted to use.

Additionally the nosecone is PML and the tail cone is a modified version of that same cone. Fins are from 1/2 birch.

So now, what exactly is this airframe???? It is an upscale of PMLs BullDog kit. A PML BullDog is what I would call a fun scale or stand off scale version of a BullPup.

I like the design because it moves the main fins and forward fins back, and enlarges the rear fins all contributing to moving CP rearward. I had added about 5-6 pounds of weight to the nose and hat was only for a safety factor and or flying slightly larger motors. I could have left the weight out when utilizing 3 grain Ms.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Hey guys, so this is a scratch build using PML parts. The airframe is PML 11.675 phenolic wrapped in glass but is compatible with Rocketry Warehouse, Madcow, whomever, fiberglass tube if that is what you wanted to use.

Additionally the nosecone is PML and the tail cone is a modified version of that same cone. Fins are from 1/2 birch.

So now, what exactly is this airframe???? It is an upscale of PMLs BullDog kit. A PML BullDog is what I would call a fun scale or stand off scale version of a BullPup.

I like the design because it moves the main fins and forward fins back, and enlarges the rear fins all contributing to moving CP rearward. I had added about 5-6 pounds of weight to the nose and hat was only for a safety factor and or flying slightly larger motors. I could have left the weight out when utilizing 3 grain Ms.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Thanks for the info. Great looking rocket.

Back