MDRA ESL #235 2/17-18 at Higgs Farm. Who's coming?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bat-mite

Rocketeer in MD
Reaction score
I will be there with my MAC Performance Scorpion on a J-240 RL. My kids will have an assortment of Estes kits, as well as their Higgs Farm square rockets. Tom C. will be doing a parachute test using his red rocket; not sure what else he has planned. Also, I think the York Area Rocket Team (high schoolers) will be there with a big project.

Weather look pretty good for both days so far.

Whatcha got?

I'll be there on Sunday with some mid-power multistage madness. This will be my first time at Higgs Farm. I really wish I had something bigger to fly that would befit the field.

Last edited:
I'll be there on Sunday with some mid-power multistage madness. This will be my first time at Higgs Farm. I really wish I had something bigger to fly that would befit the field.

Look for me! Should be good weather for flying -- low wind.

Will there be any vendors at the launch? I'd love to pick up some more motors without paying Hazmat.

Will there be any vendors at the launch? I'd love to pick up some more motors without paying Hazmat.

AMW will be absent, but Ken Allen of Performance Hobbies will be there. If you have something specific in mind, contact him first to make sure he has/brings what you want.

I’ll be there Sunday. I have my fingers crossed with the weather.

The weather has not cooperated with getting any painting done this winter. So I’ll be putting up my Minie Magg in primer.

Weathers looking really nice for Sunday! Hope to get my Black Brant VI up on a 76mm Blue load.

Yes, Sunday weather is looking much better, yay! See you all then.

We had some great flying yesterday, too. Snow started at about 2:30, but I got my Scorpion up, and Tom C. did his chute test with the red and white rocket. Of course, pictures or it didn't happen.

IMG_2548.jpg IMG_2550.jpg IMG_2554.jpg IMG_2555.jpg

IMG_2558.jpg IMG_2559.jpg IMG_2560.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg IMG_2564.jpg IMG_2565.jpg

Thanks to all who came out this weekend. We had 2 great days of flying.

Special thanks to those who helped set up and tear down the field as well as those that helped push others out of the mud! It sure did get sloppy out there when all the snow melted.

There were some great flights today. Thanks to everyone for letting me mess around with some 2-stage flights. My first one didn’t go too well. But the sustainer lived to see the next flight with a canted 3xD12-0 booster, and it flew great.
IMG_1231.jpg
IMG_1233.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I know this is a long shot but I wanted to see if anyone out there that was at the MDRA launch last weekend may have any pictures or video of my two stager “Double Trouble”. I am putting a video together and had hoped to use what I had recorded with my DSLR but unfortunately in my excitement I must have turned the focus ring so everything I captured is severely out of focus. Anything would be great.

Andrew

IMG_5252.jpg

IMG_5243.jpg

Back