Working on first DD

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well ground test of one charge is done and 1.8 grams stretched the cord even with forgetting to plug the motor mount.. lol

will test the other charge tomorrow.

:shock:

What rocket is this? Did I miss it somewhere? I think I used 1.5 grams on my Tyrannosaur. I use 1 gram on my 2.6" level 1 bird and that is bit a hot, but it's fiberglass so no worries.

Sheer pins can be used in paper rockets, you just need to get creative and, in my case, complicate things to near frustrating levels. LOL.

On some of my e-bays I epoxy one bulkhead/lids and nuts to the rods, actually I am doing it more and more. Why not, no need to remove both ends. Then you don't have to worry about the rod spinning as you try to tighten the other end.

It’s an EZI 65 with a bay added, weighs about 80 ounces. I backed off the charge to 1.5 grams and it’s better. That’s what comes with the 38mm motors I fly anyways.

Ill have ipdates tomorrow. Now it’s just deciding on motors!

Glad to hear it. Nothing to it is there?

A J425 single use should stay below 3000 feet and get you your level 2... just saying. :wink:

Glad to hear it. Nothing to it is there?

A J425 single use should stay below 3000 feet and get you your level 2... just saying. :wink:

Nope! Just lots of double checks lol.

Oh I got something for that! But I’m considering doing it with this rocket now and just hammering my Formula 98 when it’s done...

Back