Dog Whistle GPS

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spence

Reaction score
Guys, know this must of been discussed. What is present view on this device for rocket tracking? Just interested in finding it on the ground. Overall seems much less expensive than than purpose built rocketry gps. Views please....... Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

It says it needs Wifi & a subscription plan. Not sure what the plan cost is but I’ve never been to a field with Wifi, have you?

Wifi is only needed to track your dog at home - not relevant for Rocketry use - The subscription is between 6 to 9 dollars a month - Unit Costs $65. It does require that the field have coverage from AT&T Wireless.

Read this link and the response following it for an overview: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?144610-Tracking-Devics&p=1763873#post1763873

I like a system I can keep at home and use when I want to unencumbered by subscription costs but that's just me. Others might agree with me though.

Anywhere from $84.00 to $120.00 a year whether you use it or not? I doubt any seasonal Midwesterners will bite. Take the money saved by not buying a Dog Whistle
($154.00 to $190.00) and invest in a purpose built rocket tracker you can use when you want to, cellphone access not required. Kurt

Last edited:
Back