List of Tripoli Prefectures

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unfortunately there isn’t, and I completely agree with you that the map is unacceptable. I apologize for it. It’s on the list of things we want to fix.
What areas are you interested in? I’ll try to get you some kind of list.

Steve Shannon

Thanks, Steve.

I am interested in all areas, honestly. No worries, I'll continue to poke around on the map until the website makes changes.

Cool. The list looks pretty up to date, also! Thanks.

A good resource but not quite that up to date.

For example the SSS (Superstition Spacemodeling Society) lost the Rainbow Valley site in 2013 AND no longer has the Tripoli Prefecture which separated out and has been TRA/PHX since 2014 (which does show up correctly):

Superstition Spacemodeling Society Rocketry Club
NAR Section: 506
Triploi Prefecture: 47
Web Site: https://www.sssrocketry.com/
Launch Site:
Rainbow Valley (Buckeye, AZ)

Tripoli Phoenix (TRAPHX)
Triploi Prefecture: 47
Web Site: https://www.traphx.com/
Launch Site:
Eagle Eye Site (Aguila, AZ)

The location for the Tripoli Central Virginia site is also not updated. Google maps has you routed through and around the farm. Take Crittenden Road unless you have a large 4x4 with lift kit and enjoy bogging through the mud.

And to add to the "needs updating" list from an Australia perspective.

1) NSW Rocketry Association (NSWRA) is no longer affiliated with Tripoli and is instead under the AMRS.
2) Perth Advanced Rocketry Club (PARC) is now defunct.

On the Tripoli website we just published two lists of Prefectures. The first is sorted by Prefecture number. The second is sorted by country and name. Unfortunately not all of the active Prefectures have maintained their information well through the years. We’re going to be working to get websites added.

On the Tripoli website we just published two lists of Prefectures. The first is sorted by Prefecture number. The second is sorted by country and name. Unfortunately not all of the active Prefectures have maintained their information well through the years. We’re going to be working to get websites added.

Steve can you post that link?

https://www.rocketreviews.com/rocketry-clubs.html

Tripoli and NAR can be distinguished by the logos next to the name.

Nice list. May I note that while MDRA is correctly shown to not be affiliated with NAR or TRA, we also have a TRA prefect (Neil McGilvray), TAPS (Fred Wallace, Dave Weber, Robert DeHate), and at least one L3CC (Robert DeHate) to certify people with either organization. Also, while the mailing address is for Gaithersburg, MD, the club flies out of Centreville and Price, MD, which really aren't anywhere near Gaithersburg.

Nice list. May I note that while MDRA is correctly shown to not be affiliated with NAR or TRA, we also have a TRA prefect (Neil McGilvray), TAPS (Fred Wallace, Dave Weber, Robert DeHate), and at least one L3CC (Robert DeHate) to certify people with either organization. Also, while the mailing address is for Gaithersburg, MD, the club flies out of Centreville and Price, MD, which really aren't anywhere near Gaithersburg.

The address shown is probably that of the club president or secretary - whoever is in charge of the mailings. NAR does the same. Would be nice to show the launch site locations, instead.

The address shown is probably that of the club president or secretary - whoever is in charge of the mailings. NAR does the same. Would be nice to show the launch site locations, instead.

Correct. Now that our president of the last 11 years has stepped down, wouldn't be surprised to see the mailing address change.

One of the things we (Tripoli) hopes to accomplish is a single list that incorporates websites for each Prefecture, contact link for the Prefect, links to launch site location and information, and TAPs contact links. Eventually we want much of it visible on interactive maps. The problem will be getting all the information collected or corrected.
Also, we have no control over what’s on Rocket Reviews.

Steve Shannon

One of the things we (Tripoli) hopes to accomplish is a single list that incorporates websites for each Prefecture, contact link for the Prefect, links to launch site location and information, and TAPs contact links. Eventually we want much of it visible on interactive maps. The problem will be getting all the information collected or corrected.
Also, we have no control over what’s on Rocket Reviews.

Steve Shannon
Start with a simple update by using all the numbers and emails listed to see if they are still active.

I've attempted to reach out to at least three regions in south Texas with no luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Start with a simple update by using all the numbers and emails listed to see if they are still active.

I've attempted to reach out to at least three regions in south Texas with no luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Rocketry Forum mobile app

That’s sort of how we’re approaching it.

Did you use the contact tools from the list we published a few days ago on the Tripoli website? That should be the most accurate until we survey our Prefectures.
If you want to contact me on the Tripoli forum or via PM here I’ll help you make contact.
Steve

Last edited:
Back