Black Star voyager - where to attatch the parachute

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsp

Reaction score
But first
Hi everyone, first day on this forum ;)
I'm very new to model rocketry and so far I've only finished two rockets (two more are being assembled). One of them is my Estes Black Star voyager. I'm ready to glue two pieces of the main body together, but I have no idea where and how to attach the shock chord. In the instructions they say to glue it to the A tube, but that is the engine compartment which is now well secured and completely out of reach. So my question is: where do you stick the shock chord? Should I glue it to the long tube of the lower body and the let the chord through a hole in the coupler up to the top? Or maybe shorten the rubber a little and stick it to the top tube?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Rocketry Forum mobile app

The instructions are a little misleading. Glue the shock cord mount in the body tube just below the nose cone, just as with most other Estes rockets. Glue it in low enough that you can still install the nosecone.

Yup. Don't shorten that band either, the Blackstar is a heavy rocket and you want all the shock absorption you can get.

Back