I could be wrong - but ....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Greene

Reaction score
After 51+ years of living in pretty close proximity to MacDill AFB -
I have seen a LOT of stuff fly in and out over the years , but today I watched 4 fighters fly in and said , what the heck are those ??
After a little homework on the keeper of all knowledge - I narrowed it down to a group of RSAF Typhoons or Eurofighters at least, - and found that odd, but what the heck do I know :facepalm:
25ptg09.jpg

4u9or6.jpg

RSAF photo -

v3eons.jpg

That's a lot of fanny fatigue on the flight home. 8 hours to Europe, 10 hours to home and no way to stand up!

After 51+ years of living in pretty close proximity to MacDill AFB -
I have seen a LOT of stuff fly in and out over the years , but today I watched 4 fighters fly in and said , what the heck are those ??
After a little homework on the keeper of all knowledge - I narrowed it down to a group of RSAF Typhoons or Eurofighters at least, - and found that odd, but what the heck do I know :facepalm:

Good lord you live close to the base. LOL. Good catch.

We get folks from the UK to train here at JRTC fairly regularly. And sometimes they bring their birds along. I am fairly certain I saw a Tornado back in '07, darn thing went vertical right above me. Bet the pilot thought that was funny as heck. And more recently...2012 or so maybe, I did see a Typhoon flying over while I was in the training area. Maybe they are having a layover in Florida on their way here or before returning home. I haven't seen any neat/new/different aircraft in a long while though.

Nice shots!

I wish I could get some shots of the aircraft buzzing around here... They're older looking MIGs, but I still can't pin down the make. I'm guessing they're trainers though, as IINM, the PLA's naval aircraft are primarily Chinese variants of the SU-27.

Took a little detour by the flight line while I was working on base this am :wink:
I was really really hoping they would be flying while I was there.

x2wdqh.jpg

Nice shots!

I wish I could get some shots of the aircraft buzzing around here... They're older looking MIGs, but I still can't pin down the make. I'm guessing they're trainers though, as IINM, the PLA's naval aircraft are primarily Chinese variants of the SU-27.

Don't get yourself shot!

As a teen, two delta-winged, Euro-thingies (Viggens?) flew right over the farm. I went into aerospace engineering.

Back