Eggfinder THANKS!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxter

Reaction score
I love the Eggfinder GPS. At a recent launch, I talked a friend of mine into using my GPS system. We lost sight of his rocket as it went through mach and 16,000ft. Everyone was looking in the wrong direction (upper level winds ) , when I used the compass and altitude readout, turned around 180 degrees and spotted it right away! While we were watching it looked like it was going to land in a stand of trees, everyone was positive it did. I then used my GPS/google maps app and plotted the landing site (1.2) miles away, and found it was in the clear on the other side in another field. No one believed it until we drove straight to it. I think I won a few converts that day. The " arrow" works great and was pointing correctly, but I use both the arrow and map as we had to zig zag on several farm roads to get to his rocket. Thanks Cris.

Yup, Had me convinced 12 years ago when I started out using APRS Beeline GPS units and live tracking app on a laptop. Upper air winds do strange things.
Got me hooked in an instant and am glad non-Hams can have the joy also. A big boost to the hobby as one would get tired of losing stuff pretty quickly.
Kurt

Back