BattlePark - March 3rd CANCELLED and 4th 2018

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Handeman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
DUE TO HIGH WINDS, SATURDAY, MARCH 3RD LAUNCH AS BEEN CANCELLED. We'll see everyone on Sunday!

Same Bat Time, Same Bat Station!

First weekend of the month, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Saturday and Sunday!

We expect March to be a little warmer than the February's launch, but there's no guarantees!

What do you all plan to CATO, lawn dart, lake stake, crash and burn and generally destroy this month?

Last edited:
Got some projects I'll bring next time out:

Astrobee 1500 upscale will be back........maybe do the outboard air starts this time.
PML Quantum Leap two stage/sustainer test flight.

I joined the JLCR crowd today...bought a Jolly Logic Chute release - so I'll do a first flight for that in something....maybe the Cosmodrme Aerobee Hi two stager - since that never had DD ...and now it won't need it.

Since I missed yesterday's launch while cracking (4) ribs on the ski slopes, I'm pretty excited to make next month's launch.

I'm hoping to achieve my L3 with my Performer 150 on an M1350, along with a few smaller flights. Including flying my, newly repaired, 3.0" frenzy on my first research motor.

If the weather cooperates should be an exciting day.

Since I missed yesterday's launch while cracking (4) ribs on the ski slopes, I'm pretty excited to make next month's launch.

I'm hoping to achieve my L3 with my Performer 150 on an M1350, along with a few smaller flights. Including flying my, newly repaired, 3.0" frenzy on my first research motor.

If the weather cooperates should be an exciting day.

Exciting day for sure! Doing the L3 would make exciting enough for most of us. Adding the first EX motor and you're pushing those adrenaline levels!

Good Luck and hoping for good weather. I didn't do my L3 EX this weekend so hopefully at the next launch.

Exciting day for sure! Doing the L3 would make exciting enough for most of us. Adding the first EX motor and you're pushing those adrenaline levels!

Good Luck and hoping for good weather. I didn't do my L3 EX this weekend so hopefully at the next launch.

I think that March will be my last launch of the season, so if I don't launch these in then, it may have to wait until October.

We have 2 launches in March. 1st and 4th weekends. Are you going to make both?

Ben

Maybe. I thought there were 2 in April.... This is good news since it gives me an extra shot if the weather doesn't cooperate.

If I can get prepared and make arrangements, I'd like to see about another EX M hybrid test. And thanks for letting me test last spring!

Gerald

I won't be able to make it to this launch, but I plan to be at the March 24-25 launch.

Due to high winds on Saturday, the launch on March 3rd has been cancelled.

We will still be launching on Sunday after the winds die down. See you all at the BattlePark on Sunday, March 4th.

Due to high winds on Saturday, the launch on March 3rd has been cancelled.

We will still be launching on Sunday after the winds die down. See you all at the BattlePark on Sunday, March 4th.

I just looked at the wind forecast for tomorrow, looks pretty windy. 15 MPH for most of the day.

I just looked at the wind forecast for tomorrow, looks pretty windy. 15 MPH for most of the day.

The aviation forecast says 10 mph to start and 12 mph most of the afternoon, but yes, it will be breezy. The wind will be coming from just west of north so it should blow things toward the beaver pond. Personally, I would rather deal with the cows, but it is what it is.

Sounds like Ken Allen of Performance Hobbies is going to be there so if you need anything from him, come on out.

Have fun. I can usually only come on Saturdays, so no launch this month for me.:cry:

I flew one for you guys, just ONE! Put the Callisto up on a G64W-7.

At least I didn't break my record of flying at least one rocket at every launch. There were 4 SLI teams and several TARC teams out doing test and qualification flights. Kept the crew pretty busy!

Turned out to be a surprising number of flights. Most from the LPR pads, but still had several from the away cell.

Latest posts

Back