Who can turn a balsa nose cone?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm going to be building another Snarky and another Lexxjet. Looking for someone that can turn the nose cones. The only difference is on the Lexxjet I want to have a cockpit shaped into the nose cone. I'm NOT going to use some decal for the cockpit. The reason I want to get these made of balsa is because they fit so poorly when you buy the kits, You need several wraps of tape just to snug them up, beside balsa is old school.

I'm going to be building another Snarky and another Lexxjet. Looking for someone that can turn the nose cones. The only difference is on the Lexxjet I want to have a cockpit shaped into the nose cone. I'm NOT going to use some decal for the cockpit. The reason I want to get these made of balsa is because they fit so poorly when you buy the kits, You need several wraps of tape just to snug them up, beside balsa is old school.
Talk to Sandman, Gordon might be willing to take on the Lexxjets cockpit , a regular woodworking lathe wont be able to do the cockpit, it would have to be added after turning or a band of material left and the cockpit carved from it, then the excess removed from the rest of the nose cone. Either way is a pain.

Talk to Sandman, Gordon might be willing to take on the Lexxjets cockpit , a regular woodworking lathe wont be able to do the cockpit, it would have to be added after turning or a band of material left and the cockpit carved from it, then the excess removed from the rest of the nose cone. Either way is a pain.

Agreed, Gordie Agnello (Sandman) at Roachwerks has turned some custom balsa nose cones for me in the past. Good work, fast turnaround.

https://roachwerksmachining.com.istemp.com/

He also made custom water slide decals up until a couple of years ago, but his ALPS printers finally kicked the bucket. I hear he also made/sold kits under the Excelsior brand. Would have loved to have ordered some of his kits, but that was before my return to the hobby.

Back