• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Magnesium fine mesh

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyB

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi all, I think I can post this outside of research...I’m running low on mag and wondering if anyone has any to sell or if you know anywhere with it in stock. I’ve looked EVERYWHERE. Closest I can find is magnolium but don’t want that. Thanks!

Last edited:
Does Firefox have it in stock?

That was one if the first places I checked, but anything appealing requires atf mfg permit. Best you can get without it is -50+100, which is a very last resort. Would love to find some 325 mesh or something a little closer than what they have. Appreciate the tip though, thanks!

Found some +200 -325 atomized at cheap-chemicals.com. They have added some turnings for shipping purposes that can be screened out. Product number CH1017

Found some +200 -325 atomized at cheap-chemicals.com. They have added some turnings for shipping purposes that can be screened out. Product number CH1017

Isn't cheap-chemicals.com just skylighter.com operating under a different name? And in case anyone didn't know, skylighter is coming back!

Best,
Terry

I can’t get cheap chemicals website to work, just says “service unavailable” when I click a letter. Oh well, I got great 325 stuff and can add cheap chemicals to my list of suppliers, appreciate the tip! Professor, I’ve been looking for you...pm coming.

I can’t get cheap chemicals website to work, just says “service unavailable” when I click a letter. Oh well, I got great 325 stuff and can add cheap chemicals to my list of suppliers, appreciate the tip! Professor, I’ve been looking for you...pm coming.

Where did you find 325 if you dont mind telling ?

From Tim at Pyro Chem Source: Granular 325 mesh, Atomized 200-325 mesh, Atomized -325 mesh, and Flake -325 mesh.
I will need: Order amount and Mg size and your shipping address....

I have purchased chemicals from them in the past, Including AP, and been very pleased. Quantity discounts available.

From Tim at Pyro Chem Source: Granular 325 mesh, Atomized 200-325 mesh, Atomized -325 mesh, and Flake -325 mesh.
I will need: Order amount and Mg size and your shipping address....

I have purchased chemicals from them in the past, Including AP, and been very pleased. Quantity discounts available.

I'm assuming all of those are NOT listed on the website. The only thing I found there was Mg/Al 50/50 mixes. Did he send cost along with shipping info?

I'm assuming all of those are NOT listed on the website. The only thing I found there was Mg/Al 50/50 mixes. Did he send cost along with shipping info?

No as quantities/address will probably affect price. I emailed Tim because I purchased mg from him a few years ago and wanted to be sure it was still available.

Back