• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Jolly Logic chute release

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes I have saw them online at a few places, just looking to stretch the budget and get a used one if possible.

JLCRs are new enough and very popular with the owners, not many used ones have come up for sale. Contact Jolly Logic, maybe John has a warranty repaired one he might sell for less than a new one.

Yeah,

No way in Hades would I part with my two. I'm sympathetic but try what Rich says. The worst thing is the answer might be "no" and you can start to save up for one.
Best of luck, Kurt

Yes I have saw them online at a few places, just looking to stretch the budget and get a used one if possible.

Understandable, but you do realize that high power is pricy? :) Hopefully you can find one and have lots of fun. I have one and haven't used it yet... One of these days!

Yes it’s pricey for sure lol just trying to save money where I can. Picked up a used Jolly Logic altimeter on here a few weeks ago and thought I would give a shot on the chute release as well. Never know if someone is getting out of the hobby, or trying to free up funds for another project. I will give it a couple days and I’ll buy a new one if I can’t pick up a used one.
Thanks guys

The JLCR is very expensive. But it is mine and I'm sure many others favorite rocket accessory. I think a used one went for $120 shipped with the protective sleeve. I dont think a used one will come up for that much of a savings. And you might not get the extra bands and lanyard like you do with new. I would second calling Mr. Beans and asking.

Good luck with your hunt, I wouldn't part with mine. It's been a game changer for the type of flying I enjoy. Wished it came along sooner.

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

I'm with most everyone else on this. On any given day, I might give you a rocket or two--but we'll have to fight over a Jolly Logic Chute Release. Complete, and total game-changer.

I don't know about everyone else that stocks them
but I ship all Jolly Logic for free if that helps keep the price down a bit...

Teddy

I picked up 2 used JLCRs on this forum several months ago. They were $120 or so, not a huge discount, perhaps worth the extra $10 for the warranty.

I was a little surprised to find Jolly Logic selling their products on Amazon but it makes sense. Amazon is the current century’s version of mailorder for cottage industries as well as the large.

And they build full sized rockets.

Incidentally - get the sleeve for your JLCR...

My CR and A3 spent 6 weeks in a corn field - the A3 had a sleeve and is in perfect working order. The CR didn’t and is toast.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Back