Launch Pad Survey

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gparker

Reaction score
Hey Rocketry Forum!

My name is Genevieve. I am just a couple years into learning about HPR, and I am doing a project about launch pads. I want to learn more about what HPR launch pads people use and what their capabilities are. Would any of you be able to fill out this quick survey? Or, you could just answer the questions on this thread. It is short and should take less than 10 minutes.

Survey link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...GtYvoubM78_YsjhhmmA-1Zkg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Questions:

• What type of launch pad do you use for your high power rockets? If you have multiple, pick the one you use most frequently.
  • What type of motors do you commonly use on this launch pad?
  • What is the typical weight range of the rockets you launch on this launch pad?
  • How do you transport your launch pad?
  • Estimate the folded size of your Launch Pad.
  • Approximately how long does it take to setup your launch pad?
  • How many people do you need to setup your launch pad?
  • After how many launches do you replace the blast shield on your launch pad?
  • What do you dislike about your current launch pad?
  • What capabilities would you like to add to your launch pad?

Thanks!

Survey not valid.

I use club pads when ever I fly. There are always 3-4 sizes.

low power up to 2lbs saw horse with 6 rods A-B-C-D-E motors
mid power [5-6lb] folding legs F-G-H
high power typically 10-20lbs, will support 50lbs X-pad I-J-K-L-M motors
Away cell trailer pad supports very large rockets up to 200lbs M-O motors

Pads are kept at launch site and set up by multiple members...usually 8-12 pads

You will find very few members of this Forum maintain their own pads, most of us fly with clubs that have them, kept in trailers.

Why we join &fly with a club.

Last edited:
I am looking at a redesign of a launch pad for HPR and wanted to get more input into what people use for their current pads and what they like or don't like so that I can design a better one!

Also, thanks to everyone who has completed the survey already!

I completed the survey, had to do some research to find the name of my pads. I have two Fade to Black pads, been using them for many years. I fly with lots of clubs, and when I set up my pads, everyone wants to use them. While searching out info. on them, I found out that they are back in production. Don't want to hijack your thread, but for more info. do a search.

Back