QCRS Launch February 17, 2018

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be there- launching my 2 stager if the weather holds (and I finish building it). Might also make some EX motors if the weather improves.. Red, or Blue, or maybe another white and a shot at 10000 feet on the darkstar.

I plan to be there as well. 5.5" Nike (that is already prepped and RTF). Just need to decide on motor... L-1420 Redline or M-1500 Mojave Green???

20170624_164132_resized.jpg

Last edited:
M1500G- haven't seen a good green motor in a while.

Umm, couldn't you make an ex green?

i could.. but I got rid of the barium nitrate that I had. That whole "may kill you in very small doses" thing kinda put me off on it :)

i could.. but I got rid of the barium nitrate that I had. That whole "may kill you in very small doses" thing kinda put me off on it :)

Try "Boron", I hear that makes a nice green! :eyeroll: I have some BaNO3 lying around double bagged from the supplier I don't want to mess with for the time being.
I think it would take double gloves and a respirator to be on the safe side. Kinda weird as you can drink barium sulfate to no ill effects but get exposed to BaNO3 and it disassociate and the Barium can poison oneself very nicely. Kurt

Hope to fly a new to me Mad Cow 5.5" V2 as well. This rocket has been passed around like a bottle of crown! :lol:

Crossfire originally built this 80% of the way… then it was sold to Ecayemberg (no changes made to rocket)… then it was sold to Griffin (no changes made to rocket)… then I bought it from Griffin last weekend. In one week, I made it my own and it is ready to fly for this weekend on an AT K-2050 ST or an AT K-805 MG. :wink:

20180210_201543.jpg 20180212_072143.jpg 20180209_193342.jpg 20180209_132609.jpg

Hope to fly a new to me Mad Cow 5.5" V2 as well. This rocket has been passed around like a bottle of crown! :lol:

Crossfire originally built this 80% of the way… then it was sold to Ecayemberg (no changes made to rocket)… then it was sold to Griffin (no changes made to rocket)… then I bought it from Griffin last weekend. In one week, I made it my own and it is ready to fly for this weekend on an AT K-2050 ST or an AT K-805 MG. :wink:

View attachment 338386 View attachment 338385 View attachment 338387 View attachment 338388

YES! About darn time that stubby arrangement of glass fibers gets some airtime! Thanks Justin for gettin' it done!!!

K2050ST...just sayin'!:cool:

I might be able to make it out there but, the only MPR bird I can have ready would be my Madcow Momba. And it would fly naked on G76's. Not sure I like that idea though.

Hmm....

Not a long drive. Should I hike up there for a redux launch of my L3?

If the weather holds out, I would go. I see rain in the forecast all next week so I doubt we'll get a launch in with SLRA.

Wish I could rearrange things to get out of town this weekend and then move on to Chicago for work on Monday. Ah well, that's how things go.

-Mike

Still haven't finished the two stager... but I do have some red EX motors I'm casting. Maybe everything will fly.. maybe not.

two stager needs more work than i thought. EX motors are curing- so if they turn out ok, I'll fly those.

Back