Has AnyOne Built This Model for A High Power Motor?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a Fantazia Crayon bank, like Toys R Us sells, that has a converion kit added. I flew my L1 on a similar rocket, and 2 of my kids have converted banks, depending on weight after construction F motors might be marginal.
Not many glues will stick to the nose and tail sections.

I have a very similar version that I built out for my son (different source of components, but same general design). It's built for 38mm, but I most often fly it adapted down for 29mm motors.

IMG_1037_50.jpg

This is a really nice 38mm kit straight up, but you can glass up the fins to let it take higher thrust motors too. It would also be an easy conversion to 54mm if you want. And big crayons go really well with skidmarks.

I built one with the ToysRUs crayon bank for 29mm motors ..did not go to 38mm because for 29mm can get away with the inexpensive Estes Retainer .

20130609_113715b.jpg

Kenny

yup - toys r us Crayon bank... <$10

add fins and a 38mm mmt... and wheeee

did my L1 on it... finally died the day I did my L3 and wanted to fly my L1, L2 and L3 birds on the same day.

yup - toys r us Crayon bank... <$10

add fins and a 38mm mmt... and wheeee

did my L1 on it... finally died the day I did my L3 and wanted to fly my L1, L2 and L3 birds on the same day.
Both of my kids crayon rockets died via Death by Aerotech Bonus Delay, a G64W-4 is exactly the right delay for full deployment at 100' ( apogee 450'-ish). That extra second is the difference between the length of the recovery harness and the ground. Chute opens fully at 20' and harness is 25'.....the rockets are tough though and can be repaired.

The originals (I flew my L1 on the Pink one) with 38mm mmts.

rockets for 2.jpg

And the 25% downscale (3" PSII airframe from BMS aka T300) with 1/8" lexan fins and 29mm motor mounts. Vinyl by me on my wifes CriCut Explore Air.

T300 Crayons 29mmt.jpg

Did I mention we like Crayon rockets, each of my three kids also has 3 of the Estes Crayon rockets for regular flying almost exclusively on B6 motors ( B6-2 for windy days B6-4 for low wind days).

Last edited:
Back