The Missile Works T3 has been available for several months now...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A down-and-dirty way to test out the system is to get the Android application Bluetooth GPS. The one with the blue colored ball icon. Next, make sure you have the developer options working in your Android device and allow mock GPS locations. Some of the newer versions of the Android system require one to assign the application to this option but it will be evident.

Thanks Kurt, So did I, but I have already spent a couple of hours on this.

I decided from the get go, to go "down-and-dirty". I had already read your post (from Nov maybe) about dev mode and mock GPS. And yes it does appear the newer devices/version do require assignment. In fact I was prompted to do it when I checked allow mock GPS, but still no joy.

This is really not that difficult either the T1 Leds blink or they don't and it shouldn't require my phone to even be on, but so far I have been unable to get a clear unambiguous answer to the question. Can you answer the question...

So even if my phone is NOT on I should still see "the T1 LED's ... semi-sync-flash in unison (association)."?

Now that rocket locator is unavailable and likely EOL are there any other options outside of Bluetooth GPS?

NP. In fact, I found RocketTrack to be the best of the 3 options. Not great, but slightly more robust than the other two.

I have yet to track a rocket to completion with my T3 because of Android app issues. Luckily, I still had a visual bearing on each and recovered them. I hope a better alternative comes out soon. Until then, I don't trust the T3 for a critical flight. I will use my BRB900 (with dedicated receiver), instead.

NP. In fact, I found RocketTrack to be the best of the 3 options. Not great, but slightly more robust than the other two.

I have yet to track a rocket to completion with my T3 because of Android app issues. Luckily, I still had a visual bearing on each and recovered them. I hope a better alternative comes out soon. Until then, I don't trust the T3 for a critical flight. I will use my BRB900 (with dedicated receiver), instead.
I've been using my T3 with Rocket Locator since last season and haven't had any issues at all. I did find that you need to bring the receiver with you since it updates the rocket location as you approach. When I didn't bring it, I was 150 ft off, but it was a cow pasture so it was easy to spot. When it landed in the 8 - 10 ft. high corn, I brought the receiver and it took me right to the rocket.

Rocket locator is no longer an option for new adopters.
Is it not available for download? I was able to get it and google satellite maps for various zoom levels at my home field. Guess I'll have to keep all that on my phone.

I did use it at a different field recently and didn't have maps, but the directional and compass features worked great.

Wow, I just looked at the Play store and it's gone. I thought the author put the code out as Open Source?
Well, if one has a rooted device, they can pull off the executable and it will work in another device.
I'm talking about GPS Rocket Locator not Rocket Tracker. GPSRL still had access to Open Source maps even though the photo maps were cutoff. Those who saved the tiles be sure to back them up. Kurt

No google took it off the store for some reason. It is no longer an option.

No google took it off the store for some reason. It is no longer an option.

Find someone with a rooted device an can lift the executable off and stick in a new device. Some time ago I did that with a cheap Teclast $40.00 special that didn't have an onboard GPS. Was too much of a pain to setup but it did work. Kurt

Latest posts

Back