• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Eggfinder LCD RX and TX

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jus_rockets

Reaction score
I have for sale a Eggfinder LCD Rx with Bluetooth in a BlackAero 3D printed case along with one Transmitter. Everything is good working condition and will come with both antennas, I have flown this setup past 20K multiple of times. I am asking $160 shipped, please pm for any questions.

IMG_20180120_235250.jpg
IMG_20180120_234950.jpg

Nice price for a fixed frequency 1st generation Eggfinder folks. Looks like 909Mhz on the tracker am I right? The LCD can be converted with the GPS upgrade with
instructions on the EggTimer site. I did two of them and they work fine. Since B/T is available here, can run it with GPS Rocket Locator out of the box.

Thing I like about the older EggFinders is even though the frequency on the tracker is "fixed", if one busts the GPS off the board with a ballistic flight "or handling accident", it's pretty easy to run an outboard GPS pulling the 3.3V power off the rear end of the tracker.

Originally, I believe it was intended to run an EggTimer deployment device cpu from the 3.3V power output at the butt end of the tracker but that was a single point failure
and I don't believe caught on.

Run a bead of J&B Weld on either side of the GPS antenna to keep it on the board and one further increases the chance the GPS antenna will not snap off the base.IMG_20170404_214740.jpgIMG_20170325_234215.jpgIMG_20170404_215131.jpg 22070004.jpg

This is a repair job after the base of the broken GPS was removed from the boards with careful de-soldering. That circularly polarized GPS antenna
on that UBlox chipset should give good performance when I finally fly it. I dropped the Ublox Neo 6 board on the right and nearly had a
heart attack. It's busted for good and those Sarantel GPS antennas on those outboard GPS chipsets can't be had anymore very easily.
Perfect for a spinning rocket to help maintain lock.

I recommend a bead of J&B along the sides of the stock EggFinder GPS antenna to help secure it. I busted mine after I dropped it on the floor before I was able to secure the
GPS antenna with J&B. If one puts a bead on either side of the unit offered forsale it would be in great shape.

Again, that's a nice price for that setup out of the blocks. I'd jump but I have too many trackers already. Go get it and don't worry so much about
finding your rocket.
Kurt

Last edited:
Thanks for the information Ksaves2, they are sold. Its a great tracking system, I just dont fly rockets anymore.

Back