Titebond 2403 vs Titebond 2404

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Project_Gemini

Reaction score
I am researching wood glue right now and stumbled across Titebond 2403 (Quick & Thick Multi-Surface) and Titebond 2404 (No-Run, No-Drip). I have read, on these forums, that Titebond 2404 is very good for fillets. My question is, is there much of a difference between 2403 and 2404? I visually compared the two on the Titebond website and they seemed relatively the same product. Does anyone have any experience using both of these products? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

There used to be a Titebond Molding and Trim glue which was great for filleting. (Not as good for fileting)

The average bear's consensus is that the newer Quick and Thick is very much like the Molding and Trim, and has been used by many rocketeers for non-epoxy fillets (i use it myself) since it's available at Lowe's off the shelf.

I haven't used No-run No-Drip since I haven't found it locally and the Quick and Thick has served very well.

There used to be a Titebond Molding and Trim glue which was great for filleting. (Not as good for fileting)

The average bear's consensus is that the newer Quick and Thick is very much like the Molding and Trim, and has been used by many rocketeers for non-epoxy fillets (i use it myself) since it's available at Lowe's off the shelf.

I haven't used No-run No-Drip since I haven't found it locally and the Quick and Thick has served very well.
Thank you very much. After looking at their website it seems they are very similar. I am going to pick up some Titbond III (For fin application) and Titbond Thick & Quick (For filleting). Thanks again for the advise.

Different name and part numbers, but from my experience pretty much the same product the two even look identical out of the bottle. TMTG, NRND, and Q&T imo are all the same product just different packaging.

Different name and part numbers, but from my experience pretty much the same product the two even look identical out of the bottle. TMTG, NRND, and Q&T imo are all the same product just different packaging.
That's exactly what I was thinking, but did not have first hand experience. Thank you for reply.

Thank you very much. After looking at their website it seems they are very similar. I am going to pick up some Titbond III (For fin application) and Titbond Thick & Quick (For filleting). Thanks again for the advise.

You got it!

Using a good set of paper tubes and plywood, TB III (or TB II) and TB Q&T are all you need for entry Hi-power when applied properly (just in case ya be toying with the idea lol)

One technique that works well for smoothing the fillets is to dip your fingertip in water and smooth after the glue has set for a few minutes, its a timing thing so it may take a bit of practice. I have done the same thing using plastic spoons (like we do with epoxy).

One technique that works well for smoothing the fillets is to dip your fingertip in water and smooth after the glue has set for a few minutes, its a timing thing so it may take a bit of practice. I have done the same thing using plastic spoons (like we do with epoxy).
Thank you for the tip.

Back