Estes Nose cones

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pepe Le Pew

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Gents, I am having a hard time finding the PNC-60A, the kind that comes in a 4 pack and two of them are the Big Bertha nose cones. The other two are the ogive type, these are what I am looking for. I use them to make my Arapaho clones. I lost two this past summer :sad::sad::sad:IMG_0940.JPG

I ordered some from various places but what I got were not the ones pictured. If you have an that you want to get rid of drop me a note please.

Thanks Pepe

Attachments

• 20160403_135939.jpg
    20160403_135939.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Are you aware that Squirrel Works is offering the Arapahoe-E as a kit, they acquired the rights to it from Thrustline Aerospace? BMS sells balsa versions of the nose cone iirc BNC-60H or BNC-60G.

I think the one you want is the PNC-60NA that comes in the #2056 Patriot Missile and #1944 D-Region Tomahawk, and the OOP Stormcaster if you can find one. I don't know that they come in a parts pack any more.

Brian over at BRS HOBBIES carries them. They're out of stock right now but usually he keeps those in supply. You can email him from the site and ask when he'll get some in.

Estes has a sale right now for the Fractured (2 pack). I'm not sure if these are the same nose cone, but they look the same. Odd way to get nose cones.

Estes has a sale right now for the Fractured (2 pack). I'm not sure if these are the same nose cone, but they look the same. Odd way to get nose cones.
Those super cheap Estes RTFs are a great way to acquire cones and fin cans - fly ‘em as is a couple of times then cannibalize for parts!

Scott, I got a bunch of fin cans from hobby lobby for 99 cents on their clearance shelf, then I used the threaded part and the motor retainer for a D sized scratch build. You are correct about the Estes RTF,s! Thanks for the heads up!
Joser

Back