• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

AEROTECH RMS-24/40 MOTOR HARDWARE

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Klatuso

Reaction score
If you have this or know where I can get it, please let me know.

...FOUND IT.

Last edited:
These are out of stock everywhere (aerotech is currently manufacturing more). Consider getting the 24/60 in the meanwhile:

Agreed on 24/40 being out of stock at this time, but I would NOT recommend 24/60 as a desirable replacement.

24/60 is an orphan casing, with far too few reload motors for it.
To add insult to injury, the few of the reloads that are available are over-priced compared to alternatives.

For example, 24/60 F35W (2 pak, 57 N-sec) goes for $30/~$20 list/online, same as 24/40 F39T (3 pak, 50 N-sec).
You get 50% more motors (3 vs. 2) for the same price in 24/40 size!

YMMV,
a

Last edited:
Lack of available reloads for the 24/60 case is common complaint. Which AT is trying to rectify with 3 new reloads, when certified.

The 24/60 currently has as stated one reload available for it, however iirc another one is being certified soon. The 24/40 is a great case with 8 or 9 loads available for it.

Balsa Machining Service shows the 24/40 in stock currently.

Or you can do like me and turn 24/40 reloads into single use motors. No hardware to clean or keep up with. Still waiting on stuff from RCS, those guys don't get in a hurry, so the verdict is still out as to how difficult and PITA this will be.

Or you can do like me and turn 24/40 reloads into single use motors. No hardware to clean or keep up with. Still waiting on stuff from RCS, those guys don't get in a hurry, so the verdict is still out as to how difficult and PITA this will be.
Not sure what you ate suggesting: staying away from reusable RMS reloads in favor of disposable motors, or something else?

The former is definitely viable, but more expensive per flight. If something else, please elaborate.

Sent from my Pixel using Rocketry Forum mobile app

Not sure what you ate suggesting: staying away from reusable RMS reloads in favor of disposable motors, or something else?

The former is definitely viable, but more expensive per flight. If something else, please elaborate.

Forget I said anything. This gets into the restricted areas of this forum, don't want the thread locked or anything. I have a thread on it there if you have access.

OP, sorry for the deviation, I'll close the door behind me.

They would not be a certified motor in this configuration.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Agreed on 24/40 being out of stock at this time, but I would NOT recommend 24/60 as a desirable replacement.

24/60 is an orphan casing, with far too few reload motors for it.
To add insult to injury, the few of the reloads that are available are over-priced compared to alternatives.

For example, 24/60 F35W (2 pak, 50 N-sec) goes for $30/~$20 list/online, same as 24/40 F39T (3 pak, 57 N-sec).
You get 50% more motors (3 vs. 2) for the same price in 24/40 size!

YMMV,
a
The problem with your analysis is the reload in the 24/60 has more total impulse than the 24/40 reloads, hence the higher price. You have your numbers backwards. F35 has 57 total, f39 has 49 total.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Rocketry Forum mobile app

The problem with your analysis is the reload in the 24/60 has more total impulse than the 24/40 reloads, hence the higher price. You have your numbers backwards.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Rocketry Forum mobile app
No problem at all - I quoted impulse rating for both motors above. Thanks for the correction - I had them switched, now updated.

57 vs. 50 N-sec probably does not justify 50% markup, per motor, of 24/60 F over 24/40 F-motor.

Even if there were a couple more 24/60 motor reloads certified and available, the economics would still make this an unattractive casing to own.

Now, if AT released a 24/100 case with attractively priced G motors to go into it, I would be all over that one.

But to each his own.
Read the data, make up your own mind, and have fun with either !

a

P.S.: typing this up at a Pub. Do 2x the data references, as appropriate.

Last edited:
Back