Rocksim Pro Simulation Time

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noah_carter13

Reaction score
Howdy, my name is Noah Carter and I am the Airframe Manager for the Brazoswood High School Goddard Team based in Texas. We recently installed Rocksim Pro and I was wondering if anyone is very knowledgeable or skilled with that program. I will have many questions in the future but as of now I was wondering if there is a way to speed up the simulation run time? It gets to the point where Rocksim Pro does not respond and shuts down. Thank y'all for your time.

Howdy, my name is Noah Carter and I am the Airframe Manager for the Brazoswood High School Goddard Team based in Texas. We recently installed Rocksim Pro and I was wondering if anyone is very knowledgeable or skilled with that program. I will have many questions in the future but as of now I was wondering if there is a way to speed up the simulation run time? It gets to the point where Rocksim Pro does not respond and shuts down. Thank y'all for your time.

I cannot help you, but doesn't the Pro version come with some kind of customer support? Have you contacted Apogee Components?

What operating system, processor, ram?

You mean the program literally just closes, or do you mean it stops responding?

How many iterations are you running if doing the splash pattern.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

I had the same problem. I turned the simulation resolution from 800 Hz down to 10 and changed the number of uncertainty simulations from 10 down to 1. Not sure which was the actual fix.

If you are going for a Class 3 simulation, to meet the FAA requirements I believe 1000 uncertainty simulations are what is needed.

So, again what OS and system specs?

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Were you able to recreate this failure on the RockSim Pro computer at DaVinci?

Double check your recover settings and/or end your sim at apogee.

Let me know if you have this solved. FYI, the RockSim Pro install in the lab is now moved to a much faster machine for doing large scatter plots.

Were you able to recreate this failure on the RockSim Pro computer at DaVinci?

Double check your recover settings and/or end your sim at apogee.

Let me know if you have this solved. FYI, the RockSim Pro install in the lab is now moved to a much faster machine for doing large scatter plots.

I found out that it was calculating the simulation resolution itself, so I changed it to a set value (5000). (unchecking the simulation box under "simulation controls" tab on "prepare for launch")

Back