Now to build the rocket...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeRoc29

Reaction score
So much sentimental value in these. But, alas, motors are meant to be burned. I'm thinking a BT80 based two stage. Suggestions welcome on design.

image_zpsauzpoqm3.jpeg

That F100-0 deserves a FSI Mach 1 Dart clone!

...that's what I did with mine!:wink: Let me know if you need dimensions...

For the -6, FSI Hercules!

Cool!

I think Eric has a good idea for the 0's. I have a Dart, but not the booster. When I was a kid I flew the F100 to D20 stack, but it was unstable somehow so I reckon we didn't quite get to mach 1.

I have a NIB FSI Hercules....that would be a nice flier on those F100-6's. Kinda simple BT-70 "big" dumb rocket.

The two stage Bt-80 sounds bad ass too. Maybe an Omega upscale? Only thing is, once you're outta F100's, what would you use it for after? I don't think an Estes F15 would get the stack in the air, so you'd need to have plan to add upper stage ignition and go with a composite booster.

Very cool in any case Derek. You keep posting some awesome stuff :).

Thanks for the suggestions, guys! Mach 1 Dart clone suggestion is duly noted. Hercules clone would be cool, also. I'll cogitate on it for a while as I'm in no hurry to burn these puppies.

Also, I have these...

image_zpsgtvil9t1.jpeg

I flew one of the F7's in a BT55 scratch built rocket at XPRS last year. Went up high. Not straight, but high. Recovered it safely. F100-F7 two stage...hmmm....

Last edited:
The two stage Bt-80 sounds bad ass too. Maybe an Omega upscale? Only thing is, once you're outta F100's, what would you use it for after? I don't think an Estes F15 would get the stack in the air, so you'd need to have plan to add upper stage ignition and go with a composite booster.

This crossed my mind. If I go this route I may simply make two or three different boosters; one with a single mount for F100's and another with 2x29 or 3x29 for F15 clusters.

Yeah that could work, add'l boosters for after the FSI motors are used up.

I assume you'll run a 29mm MMT up top rather the the 27mm FSI-only mount?

Yeah that could work, add'l boosters for after the FSI motors are used up.

I assume you'll run a 29mm MMT up top rather the the 27mm FSI-only mount?

Yeah 29mm was the plan. Can you even buy 27mm tubing? I did a cursory search a while ago but didn't see it available.

Back