Missile Works RRC3 Problems

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Person
Reaction score
I got my level 2 cert today and now that I am home I am trying to find out how high/fast I went. My RRC3 worked perfectly and was beeping out the altitude when I retrieved it. I didn't listen to the beeps but rather just turned it off and made my way back to camp cause it was freezing out. Well now when I try to access the data using the dip switches it just gives a constant series of quick, medium length beeps. Can someone help me out?

Do you have the adapter to connect it to your pc? makes it a lot easier, and it doesn't cost a lot.

No I don't, I think I'll order it but I want to be able to use the switches so that I can find out on the field and then pop it back up for another flight.

No I don't, I think I'll order it but I want to be able to use the switches so that I can find out on the field and then pop it back up for another flight.
The RRC3 remembers a handful of flights (14?), so even if you put fly it again right away, the entire flight history can still be retrieved from the PC. If you wish to make changes to the rocket based in the last flight, then that may not help...

The RRC3 remembers a handful of flights (14?), so even if you put fly it again right away, the entire flight history can still be retrieved from the PC. .

I've done this where I flew the same rocket/altimeter twice in one day, and then downloaded both flights later.

The bluetooth module for the RRC3 seems to work more reliably for me and it cost less.

Alright then, I guess I'll look at buying the other pieces.

Would anyone happen to have a LCD or usb that they no longer need and I could buy?

Last edited:
[video=youtube;4ceXLBDZX9g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ceXLBDZX9g[/video]

3:15 mark.. Its actually very easy to know how high you went.

Yes I know it beeps it out after the flight, I am asking about getting that info after turning it off. I wasn't about to sit in the middle of a field in sub-freezing temps to try and count the beeps and I turned it off because I didn't want the constant beeping in my ears on the way back and cause I didn't know how much longer the battery would last cause it sat on the pads for a while (burned 3 igniters).

Ive never used the DIP switches but I have to ask, are you sure you have them set correctly? And pressing the button during the startup beeps?
Are the beeps different than normal, like a low stutter or grunt? That is a fault code. Have you tried a new battery? Fault code 7 is low battery. Seven low beeps, seven medium beeps.
Jim is usually very responsive to emails and customer support.

Ive never used the DIP switches but I have to ask, are you sure you have them set correctly? And pressing the button during the startup beeps?
Are the beeps different than normal, like a low stutter or grunt? That is a fault code. Have you tried a new battery? Fault code 7 is low battery. Seven low beeps, seven medium beeps.
Jim is usually very responsive to emails and customer support.
Yea I'm pressing the button and it isn't the fault code beeps, it sounds like constant zeros.

Ahh. Gotcha. Sounds like a switch is set wrong or something was missed and it is beeping that it is ready, just no continuity. I don't know though, sorry.
May warrant an email to Jim. Like I say, he is usually pretty quick. Or a phone call.

Back