Why can't I insert graphics into posts. User Interface does not work! Very frustratin

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...but your using the mobile app correct?

That would have nothing to do flash support on a mobile device accessing the forum through the web site, apples & oranges my man. :)

Yep, thanks, I found it see post before yours. Do you know when it became available?

I seem to recall that the iOS version became available very soon after the App Store went live, which was mid-2008. It was certainly before the ownership change that took place with this forum. So, the short answer is...many years!

James

I seem to recall that the iOS version became available very soon after the App Store went live, which was mid-2008. It was certainly before the ownership change that took place with this forum. So, the short answer is...many years!

James

That's why I missed any announcement then. thx

I reported this thread so Angie would be sure to see it. For future reference, if you there are technical problems with the forum, or forum software, the mods and Admins aren't any help. Angie is our contact and THE Admin of this site, and she's the only one who has contact with the guys who do the software and maintain the servers, etc. If you want her to see your post, be sure to post it in the "Rocketry Forum Feedback and Announcements" forum.

I don't believe there is a mobile http/s site. But there are two apps, the official TRF app and the Tapatalk app that probably most people use.

Exactly, but I was not aware of that until yesterday. What I knew was that uploading from the desktop failed and the website in general was not designed for mobile use, not responsive.

I reported this thread so Angie would be sure to see it. For future reference, if you there are technical problems with the forum, or forum software, the mods and Admins aren't any help. Angie is our contact and THE Admin of this site, and she's the only one who has contact with the guys who do the software and maintain the servers, etc. If you want her to see your post, be sure to post it in the "Rocketry Forum Feedback and Announcements" forum.

Thanks John, Good to know.

Planned for this year. And the new software will have much better image inserting capabilities.

Absolutely do post in the Support section, I look there first. If reported elsewhere, I'll see it there too.

I can ask when the site software is to be upgraded.

Absolutely do post in the Support section, I look there first. If reported elsewhere, I'll see it there too.

I can ask when the site software is to be upgraded.

Thanks, I guess I overlooked the support section.

Its always not worked for me and w/o providing an error message.

Don't want to attach. I want to insert into the body of the post. There is interface for doing this. but it don't work.

Yes, I understand that you want to insert your image into your text. You can do exactly that using the steps I mentioned. Do not use the "Insert Image" icon in the menu above the text box where you're typing...it doesn't work. I got the directions I gave you from one of the admins and it works in Chrome (and I'm using IE to send this post). Using the directions I gave you is the only way I've ever been able to insert images. It's a bit longer process to do it this way (at least from a desktop) and it seems to be a workaround, but at least it works.

Yes, I understand that you want to insert your image into your text. You can do exactly that using the steps I mentioned. Do not use the "Insert Image" icon in the menu above the text box where you're typing...it doesn't work. I got the directions I gave you from one of the admins and it works in Chrome (and I'm using IE to send this post). Using the directions I gave you is the only way I've ever been able to insert images. It's a bit longer process to do it this way (at least from a desktop) and it seems to be a workaround, but at least it works.

Thanks, but too much effort. I'll either use one of my older computers that have flash installed or the mobile app.

Latest posts

Back