Upgraded Wilson/FX single pad controller

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockdoc

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I had one of the Wilson/FX single pad controllers with wireless and all of the wires that came with it.
During one of the QCRS launches Dan Fox and Brad Wilson, mentioned that they are beginning to use pelican cases to house their components.
During our conversation they showed me photos of what they were working on and I asked if they would be able to upgrade my system.
They said mine could be integrated into a pelican case, so it would be a short wait since they were waiting on the new panels and would put my unit in the pelican case and thoroughly test the system.

At todays launch, Brad had the upgraded system for me and since we had a small turnout for the launch we used the system and it worked flawlessly. There is a new feature which will put the system in "sleep" mode so it will not be constantly broadcasting.

I am impressed with the upgraded system, and it worked flawlessly.

Here are some photos of the new configuration.

IMG_20180113_175532843.jpg IMG_20180113_175856053.jpg IMG_20180113_175907824.jpg

Last edited:
Got to use it today- it worked perfectly! Now we need it to also be a space heater, and make burritos :)

Wilson FX makes great launch controllers.. glad to have them nearby for us to use!

I'm glad you guy's love the new custom Pelican cased single pad system, but I do have some bad news. Wilson F/X is not designed for either being a space heater or for making burritos. I know this will put some folks off, but I just had to let folks know that while I am glad to stay warm in cold weather and I like to eat burritos, I will not be working at using Wilson F/X components for these purposes.

Now if you want to fly lots of rockets from widely spaced pads, then you're talking Wilson F/X.

Brad

Back