Retro Bruiser

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeeRoc29

Reaction score
Another rocket I wanted as a kid...now my kid is standing next to it! And my KV3.

Happy flying in 2018!

Derek

image_zps9rofoxjk.jpeg

Wow! Those are sweet-lookin'!

Thanks!

Also, thanks to Mark at Stickershock for the Bruiser decals and to Eric C. for his great tutorials on applying Monokote to rockets. The yellow and gold on the Bruiser were my first attempts at Monokote. Definitely a learning curve there but it does look good much quicker than the old sanding/filling/priming/painting routine.

YES!

Looks stellar, Derek!!! I recognize that scheme on the 'EXP...nice!

So happy you decided to try out Monokote...agreed that it has a bit of a learning curve but is a time and sanity saver!

Well done, sir!:clap:

YES!

Looks stellar, Derek!!! I recognize that scheme on the 'EXP...nice!

So happy you decided to try out Monokote...agreed that it has a bit of a learning curve but is a time and sanity saver!

Well done, sir!:clap:

Thanks, Eric! Seems like every HPR mag issue had that full page LOC ad. Wonder if anyone else copied that EXP paint scheme. I'll definitely be using Monokote again. Next, on Blue Tube.

Derek - Looks great man!

54 + 2 38s?

Of course! First flight will be a K550W and 2xI195J, all lit on the ground with e matches and pyrodex pellets.

image_zps1jswn4mm.jpeg

After a couple flights on 'newer' motors, I may take a risk and put a retro motor in a retro rocket!

image_zpsnxp0ykrk.jpeg

image_zpsqrlr2mps.jpeg

Last edited:
Back