Yet Another Bargain.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steven

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
/www.amazon.com/ESTES-APOLLO-SATURN-FLYING-Original/dp/B004BKZ4OM/ref=sr_1_1?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1515652056&sr=1-1&keywords=estes+saturn+v

As mentioned before, I'm getting kinda fed up with Amazon, Ebay, online shopping in general (crazy / silly / obscene shipping charges), and the I-net in general. It should be changed from the "World Wide Web" to the "World Wide Catalogue"..

I'm convinced that some of these ridiculous prices are illegal drug deals or other nefarious money laundering schemes. Of course it would never be legal to charge a kilo of cocaine to your credit card, but post some cheap merchandise on eBay and list it for thousands of dollars and you can use your Visa card through Paypal. Easy peasy. And if anybody asks, you bought a rocket, or a snowblower or something. You paid too much, but being stupid (so far) isn't a crime.

I'm convinced that some of these ridiculous prices are illegal drug deals or other nefarious money laundering schemes. Of course it would never be legal to charge a kilo of cocaine to your credit card, but post some cheap merchandise on eBay and list it for thousands of dollars and you can use your Visa card through Paypal. Easy peasy. And if anybody asks, you bought a rocket, or a snowblower or something. You paid too much, but being stupid (so far) isn't a crime.

Never thought of that. Wow.

that's so amazing simple, it just might be true!!

Reminds me of a Bond movie: Licence to Kill with Timothy Dalton. Their Cocaine was sold thru some religious / cult organization..

Maybe, but there still is a paper trail and that money has to be deposited somewhere. If it's real easy to have an assumed identity to get at the cash once sent I suppose it's plausible. Kurt

Never thought of that. Wow.

Very bad cartels and gangs will abuse the private shipping sectors and businesses heavily. The businesses legally are at stake in for tremendous punishment and fines. Therefore package security is a HUGE factor. Mom was in HR at FedEx for decades. FedEx has very sophisticated technology in package searching without opening packages that terminated likely hundreds of workers for illicit shipping attempts and also any harmful shippers may have had law enforcement contact. As a manager she'd always mark those internal workers with Do Not Rehire/Terminated. There were over a hundred gangs in Memphis that FedEx HR had knowledge of through LE seminars outreach and hiring was always a difficult process to find non-felons in Memphis in quantities needed to run a regulated air cargo hub at 5,000 people/mo. LOL...

This might sound harsh but certain people with very specific tattoos with known law enforcement leads to criminal orgs were denied jobs. Mom herself nearly got terminated once when a family friend's family had one of those spoiled brat girl types do something very illegal. That lady friend was a paralegal. I say was. Mom had to fire that employee, because suspicious packages are do not rehire and/or Feds visiting both addresses. That lady's mom called and cried a river, but we were like sorry she did very stupid activities and she doesn't deserve a job here anymore. Mom didn't know her well. Worthless drug addict types think they are like immune to laws and crap, and they aren't. Mom was later cleared of anything.

According to the oldest review: December 2010, this item is no less than 7 years old and still remains on Amazon. After several negative complaints concerning the price, the seller has yet to change anything or pull the product off the shelf altogether. You would think after a month or two of not selling, the seller would make changes. It's been at least 7 years. What is going on?

Too bad. :bang::bang:

My guesses.

A. Original package price setter lunatic owner died and account lives on.
B. Amazon seller was convicted of some kind of crime shipping related through above company policies and arrested.
C. A very low IQ person still thinks that rocket is worth that amount.
D. None of the above.

My guesses.

A. Original package price setter lunatic owner died and account lives on.
B. Amazon seller was convicted of some kind of crime shipping related through above company policies and arrested.
C. A very low IQ person still thinks that rocket is worth that amount.
D. None of the above.

I'd bet a dollar that it's one of those!!

Going through a process of elimination, I think that (C) is the least likely, (B) I would feel that if Amazon convicted this seller of anything, their products would be taken off the site to prevent further issues leaving (A) as the most likely possibility where the seller has passed on. Good call though on all these possibilities.

Stuff can hang around on Amazon for a long time. My wife setup a storefront several years ago to dump the books she had to buy when she worked on her master’s degree - over a year AFTER she thought the last book had been sold and shipped she received an email from a buyer looking for their paid for book! After some very puzzled conversations she figured out what was going on - luckily I hadn’t tossed the last of her school stuff in the recycling bin yet so the buyer finally got their book.

Stuff can hang around on Amazon for a long time. My wife setup a storefront several years ago to dump the books she had to buy when she worked on her master’s degree - over a year AFTER she thought the last book had been sold and shipped she received an email from a buyer looking for their paid for book! After some very puzzled conversations she figured out what was going on - luckily I hadn’t tossed the last of her school stuff in the recycling bin yet so the buyer finally got their book.

Interesting. Though I would believe when you have an item fetching a four digit figure, the likelihood of forgetting should diminish. Nevertheless, good point.

Well I have scored 100s of eBay deals over the years. 100s. Easily. Worth I am sure $1000s of savings.

My latest: Perma-Grit 8 Piece "Fine" Grit ~ Tool Roll Sanding Set - 8F
$15 including shipping. So I only saved $70...

So while you grouches can grouse about Amazon, eBay et al... I'll take the bargains thank you.

Well I have scored 100s of eBay deals over the years. 100s. Easily. Worth I am sure $1000s of savings.

My latest: Perma-Grit 8 Piece "Fine" Grit ~ Tool Roll Sanding Set - 8F
$15 including shipping. So I only saved $70...

So while you grouches can grouse about Amazon, eBay et al... I'll take the bargains thank you.

You want this 'bargain' you can have it. No one is bad mouthing Amazon or eBay, it's the actual seller.

Back