Contrail Rockets New 12 volt ignition system

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ContrailRockets

Reaction score
Contrail Rockets is happy to introduce a new 12 volt ignition system for it's new 29 mm motors. This system will also be available for all single mono motors in the 29 and 4 mm line as well. This system follows the same model as the existing Contrail Rockets igniters using Pyrodex pellets for the heat source int eh ignition process. This lower voltage process still gives the instantaneous ignition that Contrail Rockets flyers love. Shifting from the existing resistor to a smaller resistor allows us to accommodate the new 29 mm motors and the smaller nozzle that they require. The ignition is just as aggressive as the old system and will be available on all single injector motors. I will be coming out with a new 12 volt GSE to accommodate the new igniter system. For those flyers with the old GSE you can clamp the second battery terminals together to utilize only a single battery. If you need an owners manual on how to this please email me and i will send you a updated copy. The new GSE has an interlock key to lock out the ignition component if the GSE. I am working on a ne w website so flyers an stay up to date on the things that are happening wit Contrail Rockets.
Thomas Sanders
Contrail Rockets LLC.
When You Have the Need for Speed
1894 E Tradition Ln
Lake Havasu City, AZ 86404
[email protected]
Phone (928) 208-5580

I kinda want it to be a 4mm hybrid. MMX hybrid motors... :)

I'm intrigued by the idea of 24mm though...

I kinda want it to be a 4mm hybrid. MMX hybrid motors... :)

I'm intrigued by the idea of 24mm though...

Back