So his wife is also his mother-in-law. What was he thinking?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of things about this I just don't get. There used to be a time when divorce was a stigma, and it was morally unacceptable to be caught living with someone outside of marriage. That has all changed (unless you are a Bible-believer like me, which this guy obviously is not). There are no longer any social stigmas associated with "shacking up." So why did he feel the need to marry either one of them?

And don't weddings require witnesses and a marriage license? You mean to tell me this guy and his daughter-in-law got a license, then found at least one witness that had no idea he was married to her mother?

Lots of things about this I just don't get. There used to be a time when divorce was a stigma, and it was morally unacceptable to be caught living with someone outside of marriage. That has all changed (unless you are a Bible-believer like me, which this guy obviously is not). There are no longer any social stigmas associated with "shacking up." So why did he feel the need to marry either one of them?

And don't weddings require witnesses and a marriage license? You mean to tell me this guy and his daughter-in-law got a license, then found at least one witness that had no idea he was married to her mother?

Many states no longer require the signature of a witness other than the officiant, I know Ohio is one of them but not certain about Pennsylvania naturally. They charged him with making "false statements" which, I would guess, stems from checking a box and signing a marriage license application that said "I swear that I am not currently married" somewhere on the form. There's no national or state database of who is married to whom, except maybe the IRS.

Back