Art Applewhite 38mm Stealth question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rockets

Reaction score
I got a Art Applewhite 38mm Stealth from my Secret Santa this year. I'm almost done building it, and I have a quick question:
How high would the Stealth go on a AT F20W? It's the biggest MPR motor I have right now, and I'm looking to possibly burn it in the Stealth.

Thanks,

Andrew:

not very high, I'd be surprised by 500. i've stuffed the CTI I55 mellow into mine, as well as the CTI I180

maybe. Never flew it on one. Plus I only use the "calibrated eye" method of altitude determination on my stealths.

Art took a sabbatical before the holidays so the freebies might be all you can get right now.

I wouldn't suggest flying the 38 on an F. I flew my 38 Stealth on a Loki H144 and probably didn't get much higher the 500'.

Like other said, the priority stealth is perfect for that motor. Any cardboard box of that general size will do. I used a scrap box from work for mine.

I just want to know if it'll break 200 ft?

Thanks,
You planning on launching it in the spacious, interior lobby of a nice hotel? That'd be awesome! Seriously though, we launched one on an F50 two weeks ago at Geoffrey Kerbel's memorial service and it went a couple hundred feet and landed about 100 feet from the pad.

You can cut the top you know. Art had issues with the 38 for a while because people were flying them beyond their intent and as I recall that pissed him off enough he stopped selling the 38’s for a while. J’s and what nots were being flown.

Back