Double shot rail buttons

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Garrace

Reaction score
I was wondering if people who have flown the mc double shot are using 10/10 buttons or do I need to use the larger 15/15

According to Madcow it only weighs about 8 lb. 1010 buttons will be fine.

I've used 10-10's in mine, just fine. 8 lbs must be the empty weight with no motors or electronics.... mine sure seems a lot heavier than that.

Mine weighed in around 14lbs and made it off the rail just fine with 1010s before the motor CATOed.

Thanks for all the input I was concerned how many 15/15 rails were going to be available at the launches I attend anyway.

I have 1515 rail buttons on my Wildman Extreme, which weighs about 26 pounds with a four grain m motor. The reasoning was that the larger/longer pads where I fly are 1515. You could easily fly this with 1010 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Thanks for all the input I was concerned how many 15/15 rails were going to be available at the launches I attend anyway.

Most launches will have 1515 rail pads, but they will usually be further out.
What really matters is thrust to weight on takeoff. I’ve only ripped off one button. It was launching a PML Explorer on an H999. The pad tipped over too. [emoji16]

Back