QCRS Princeton Launch January 13, 2018

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll be there. If the winds are low, I’ll fly my HPR 2 stager. Also have a few EX motors that want to get burned

forecast has improved- winds are predicted to be around 10-11 mph, and cloud cover is less. Still a high of 18F!

I didn't prep the 2 stager, due to higher forecasted winds earlier this week. Probably will fly an EXJ520 pitch black, and an EX-dunno-5 grain 54 white.

Last edited:
I was so close to making it one year of every Launch but I will not make it this weekend. :( O well try again in February

forecast has improved- winds are predicted to be around 10-11 mph, and cloud cover is less. Still a high of 18F!

I didn't prep the 2 stager, due to higher forecasted winds earlier this week. Probably will fly an EXJ520 pitch black, and an EX-dunno-5 grain 54 white.

I see 16 degrees with NNW winds at 10. If the roads are forecast as icy might put a damper on those that must travel a ways. Kurt

I see 16 degrees with NNW winds at 10. If the roads are forecast as icy might put a damper on those that must travel a ways. Kurt

it's supposed to ice over tonight, so I'm assuming the salt trucks will be out tonight/tomorrow.

Btw when I left my house last weekend for the Tripoli launch, it was -16F :)

One goal of mine at Midwest Power launch was to find out more about trackers and see them in use - which didn't come to pass with the shortened launch. If there's some flyers that will be flying them, and would be willing to let me watch their setup and use, it might be worth a trip in spite of the conditions. Plus as a bonus I could pick up the motors I bought in the Wildman sale.

Howie- hit me up at the launch and I’ll show you mine. I’ll be in the silver Toyota Sienna van

forecast looks good (other than cold) tomorrow- see y'all there. Should be there by 10am at the latest.

Adrian, you took advantage of that set up. He should have said eggfinder, T3, Com spec, B-Line or whatever. Nonetheless, it's going to be so cold that the only thing anybody is going to be showing anyone else is haute cold weather gear.
Kurt

Cold- I put up two rockets on EX motors. One had a deployment issue and rekitted itself. The other hit 9700ft on a white motor and was recovered perfectly.

Cold- I put up two rockets on EX motors. One had a deployment issue and rekitted itself. The other hit 9700ft on a white motor and was recovered perfectly.

Nice flights!

Well, I gotta try to get a rocket outta this mess:
IMG_20180114_235708.jpgIMG_20180114_235722.jpgIMG_20180114_235600.jpgIMG_20180105_201542.jpgIMG_20180105_201500.jpg

I got a couple of 900Mhz hand held Yagis I'd like to try for ground recovery and
I have adapters should anyone like to borrow things for the 900Mhz ISM band.
Cripes, I got 5 ground stations (Eeeeeek!!!) as I gradually acquired with 7 to 10 inch tablets
3 of which are geared for GPS Rocket Locator. I downloaded 600mb of photomap tiles
before that was shut off for GPSRL. The OSM (Open Source Maps) are still available.

The other side of the "basement" has cosmetic work that needs to be done after the city
sewer backup of April 2017 hence the basement shop is a mess. The garage shop is worse
and the workbench there is not recognizable with all the crap piled on top. I still got some soldering done.

Kurt Savegnago
https://aprs.fi/#!mt=roadmap&z=11&call=a/QCRS&timerange=3600&tail=3600

Back