Bell Aerospace Rocket Design Handbook

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sooner Boomer

Reaction score
Several years ago, my friend Braz turned up with a copy of the Bell Aerospace Rocket Design Handbook. It's a small, pocket-sizes reference, about 88 pages. I scanned it into the computer as .jpg files, then stitched them all together to make a .pdf. I just rediscovered the files; I thought they had been lost in a hard drive crash. I posted them on usenet, way back when. If you folks are interested, I can post the individual .jpg files here. Or if someone has dropbox or google drive space, I can email you the .pdf file for you to share to the forum. The individual files are from about 175 to 250K (one is about 360K). The .pdf is about 12.5M. Is anyone interested?

cover.jpg

I'm interested in the PDF. I have Google Drive space, but I don't know how to set it up.

Thanks. Material like this and many NACA technical reports from late forties to mid sixities and seventies are interesting to view. There can occasionally be a wealth of information depending on the sources.

Thanks. Material like this and many NACA technical reports from late forties to mid sixities and seventies are interesting to view. There can occasionally be a wealth of information depending on the sources.

There's also dtic.mil , a source of gov/military reference material - like
www.dtic.mil/dtic/tr/fulltext/u2/861082.pdf "ENGINEERING DESIGN HANDBOOK. ELEMENTS OF AIRCRAFT AND MISSILE PROPULSION"

Thanks Mark! It will be forever a dark day (akin to sacking the libraries at Alexandria) when my company sold out to to Lockheed and literally destroyed a lot of American Space history by shredding and landfill. Our library had many seminal textbooks that a lot of younger engineers said "oh- now that makes more sense now I understand why (or how) they did that back then." A couple remarked on books I salvaged by saying "I wish they taught us that way in school". Designs for SSTO's, hydrogen powered hypersonic aircraft (in the 50's!), the first pad blueprints for Mercury/Atlas launches-I could go on. I saw things like 3 Atlas vehicles welded together to make a 'heavy lifter', the first supersonic ejection seat designs, etc. etc. Anyhoo- I ramble-thanks for saving this little bit of history for us old dogs and some of the more curious young ones too! It's appreciated. Hats off and a major kudo to the OP for bringing this to light and sharing.

Back