What the heck was I thinking?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neil_w

OpenRocketeer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
The question is serious.

While cleaning out my shed recently, I came across this object:

attachment.php

It is, as you can see, a small paint brush crudely taped to the end of one of my painting wands (aka wood dowel). It is not surprising for there to be painting stuff in the shed because that's where I do my painting (well, just outside the shed, anyway). But in this case I can't for the life of me figure out what I was trying to accomplish with that thing. I also don't remember when I put it out there. Furthermore, the brush seems clean, so it's possible that whatever I intended never came to fruition.

Anyone have any idea? I must warn that even if you guess correctly I might not even realize it. :)

IMG_6220.jpg

Clearly, what you have done is put that together at some point in the future. But, now you came back, and found it before it was used. So, not only have you messed up the entire space-time continuum, but you've let the rest of us know about it, compounding the problem even further. Sigh....
Phil L.

I can't come up with any valid reason beyond the one's already provided, so I'll go with an absurd one.

No-bend toe scratcher?

How I envision the origin of that "device":

I'm gonna have 2, maybe 3, more beers. Then I'm gonna paint that rocket over there.

- 20 minutes later -

I can't walk over there, I've had too many beers, but I have a stick, some tape and a brush right here...oh, still just out of reach.

Yep, that explains it all perfectly.

How I envision the origin of that "device":

I'm gonna have 2, maybe 3, more beers. Then I'm gonna paint that rocket over there.

- 20 minutes later -

I can't walk over there, I've had too many beers, but I have a stick, some tape and a brush right here...oh, still just out of reach.

Yep, that explains it all perfectly.

Sadly this would still look better than all my rockets. Maybe I'll have some beers and paint tonight!

Clearly, what you have done is put that together at some point in the future. But, now you came back, and found it before it was used. So, not only have you messed up the entire space-time continuum, but you've let the rest of us know about it, compounding the problem even further. Sigh....

Doh! Butterfly effect in progress...

As for the guesses: I don't think anyone has nailed it yet. It's almost certainly paint-related in some form or another, because I don't do any other construction in the shed, just paint. But I am entertained. :)

Painting the inside of body tube/ stuffer tube/motor mount tube with heat resistant paint?

Neil's inventor wife made him a nail brush extension to prototype. Maybe she's hinting at something!

On a more serious non painting note were you trying to hold a shock cord on during epoxy or dust out a long hollow nosecone?

On a more serious non painting note were you trying to hold a shock cord on during epoxy or dust out a long hollow nosecone?
No, although I suppose it's possible this was intended as a dusting tool... but I can't think of anything I've built that would have required it.

Obviously the result of a bad acid trip... Trying to keep your distance while tickling the nose of the monster under the bed.

I was thinking, "How can I paint my toenails without bending down"

Maybe it has nothing to do with rockets, but you were going to take up painting after seeing how easy it was on a PBS TV show. But you were afraid to stand to close to the canvas.Bob Ross.jpg

OK, I know I'm committing necromancy, but I just know I have the answer. You didn't put this together at all. Your wife made this and placed it for you to find. She secretly read this thread last year and giggled every day.

That would be a satisfactory explanation if true... but I’m quite certain I made it. Still no clue why though!

Thanks for the necromancy, I had forgotten about this, gave me a chuckle.

Back