Wifi Internet Radio Inquiry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gary Byrum

Overstable By Design
Reaction score
I've tolerated the price increases at Sirius /XM for long enough. Just got another notice today. That said, I've sorta been looking at investing in a Wifi Radio and I'll admit, the only one I really looked at was the Aluratek models. From what I have read, these radios only work with mainstream channels. Iheart, Spotify, Pandora and of course Sirius/XM. And there's a selection of apps available at Google Play that'll work with it. I recently discovered ACURADIO and fortunately Google has an app for that. But there are other internet sites that play a variety of music that aren't listed for apps.

I'm hoping to find something that will handle any site I choose. The other site I use is simply INTERNET-RADIO and it's not listed. I suppose my real question is, do these radios only work with apps and what is already installed in them?

Yeah, just got the notice that the fee is going from 13% to 19% or some crap like that. Might be time to ditch Sirius XM, but I do like the fact that I can travel 3 states away and keep listening to the same station. When I worked at the Ag dealership back in the late '80's to mid '90's, I got sent to pick up some equipment in Joplin, MO. I had a 1 ton Chevy dump truck with a 15 gallon gas tank sportin a straight 6 with a 4 speed, pulling a trailer. I fueled up 18 times. Did I mention that the truck only had AM radio??? I was ready to gouge my ears out. The ONLY thing on the radio in MO was baseball or religious stations. Man I was happy to get back home... SO, maybe the extra charge from Sirius might be worth it just in case...

Back