Montreal area flyers, give CRMRC a try

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dr wogz

Fly caster
Reaction score
Come fly with CRMRC, located in the little town of St. Albans VT. Just over an hour from Montreal, just under an hour from Burlington. A quiet little club, with a 12Kft limit, and up to an ‘M’ impulse motors allowed . We fly once a month, the 3rd Saturday of every month, weather permitting. Low fees, High aspirations! NAR Affiliated.. Come get certified, come just to fly, come to get some fresh Vermont air!

There are a few of us from Montreal who regularly fly in the US, crossing is fairly easy. You just need to do a bit of flight planning before you leave, to ensure you fly what motors you bring..

https://crmrc.org/

Sadly, no vendor on site. We are, after all, only about a dozen or so people.

Yes, a club member or two could hold your reloads if asked nicely. But there is no issue bringing stuff [motors] across into the US. It's bringing back what you don't fly that's the real issue! The BATF ruling a few years ago seems to have APCL listed as a non-issue item. Bring what you want to fly for that day..

You have a point.. but, according to my source, and from the e-mails back & forth, this either didn't come up, or is of no concern as the qtys are small, and usually pre-assembled (yes, I know you get a little vial in RMS motors.. and, at that point, we can start talking about the delay element, what exactly is that, and does it also fall under a separate classification). I'm to understand that "motor" consists of the motor.. all parts included.

Now, a can of BP, for charges is an issue. but having your charges prepared before you cross are probably not an issue..

From what I've been give to understand, Canada has more stringent policies as to what (rocketry propellants) you can bring, which is limited to 6 BP motors (up to 'E') and NO APCL, and no loose BP.

So far, I've had no issues.

You have a point.. but, according to my source, and from the e-mails back & forth, this either didn't come up, or is of no concern as the qtys are small, and usually pre-assembled (yes, I know you get a little vial in RMS motors.. and, at that point, we can start talking about the delay element, what exactly is that, and does it also fall under a separate classification). I'm to understand that "motor" consists of the motor.. all parts included. Now, a can of BP, for charges is an issue. but having your charges prepared before you cross are probably not an issue.. From what I've been give to understand, Canada has more stringent policies as to what (rocketry propellants) you can bring, which is limited to 6 BP motors (up to 'E') and NO APCL, and no loose BP.So far, I've had no issues.

Hopefully you don't get the free trip to Guantanamo.

While my wife thinks I am rat-crap-crazy for wanting to, I do want to someday try the Lake Champlain Ice-launch I have heard of.

CRMRC's first launch of the year is scheduled for this Saturday, Jan 20th.. weather permitting of course..

Will keep you posted as we get closer to launch day..

CRMRC's first launch of the year is scheduled for this Saturday, Jan 20th.. weather permitting of course..

Will keep you posted as we get closer to launch day..

I'll most likely be there! Planning on flight testing my new gadget...
0116181603a.jpg

[FONT=&amp]Rocketeers, Watchers, and Wannabees,[/FONT]
[FONT="wf_segoe-ui_normal"][/FONT][FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]

[FONT="wf_segoe-ui_normal"][/FONT][FONT=&amp]The first launch in 2018 for the CRMRC will be Saturday, January 20, starting at 1000hrs and going until we run out of motors. It will be at our field in St. Albans, VT. The weather forecast is good for January, with temperatures in the upper 30s to lower 40s, partly cloudy to partly sunny, but the winds are predicted to be 10-15mph. As always, dress for the weather.[/FONT]

Back