Free rockets (local pick up)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI, I fly an 38/29 Aeropack adapter in my Slimline retainer all the time. Works like a charm for both CTI and AT motors. I don't have any play with the AT motors but a slight bit on the CTI motors, never been an issue. I guess if it bugs, you could alway wrap a piece of masking tape around the case to make it tight enough it doesn't flop around. "Almost friction fit" it then snap ring that sucker in.

Yes, I wrap masking tape around most cases so there is no play and a slight friction. Even with a tight retainer. I feel it keeps the motor straight under boost. Or I have OCD.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

I think the only issue that could arise, is when the ejection charge fires the motor case could slide back .050" and maybe bend the snap ring.

I always put a couple wraps of masking tape on the motor case so it is more of a snug fit inside the adapter. So I don't believe it will be a problem.

I primarily use homemade clips for retention, and a couple of mine have had a little play in them. Never had any problems.

Yes, I wrap masking tape around most cases so there is no play and a slight friction. Even with a tight retainer. I feel it keeps the motor straight under boost. Or I have OCD.

My guess would be OCD. LOL

Hey Eric, did you happen to get any photos or video of the Running With Scissors launch?

Hey Eric, did you happen to get any photos or video of the Running With Scissors launch?
I might have caught a little on the video. With a CTI I566 VMax, it left the pad in a big hurry. Love it when the flame is longer then the rocket. FB_IMG_1518578639535.jpgFB_IMG_1518578474459.jpg

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

That's awesome. I was disappointed when I realized I'd missed it.

By the way, I found the washer for the slimline retainer. I'll put it in my motor bag, but you need to remind me about it. I'm old, I forget things. LOL

washer.jpg

That's perfect. Thank you. I actually put a large o-ring between the adapter and aft washer. That will be perfect. And I for get things all the time.

Back