Free rockets (local pick up)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qquake2k

Captain Low-N-Slow
Reaction score
I have a couple of scratch built rockets that I finished, but never flew, and never will. I'll give them free to someone, but they have to be picked up at a LUNAR Snow Ranch or SARG launch. I won't ship them.

The first is Running With Scissors. 54mm motor mount. It has a GLR slimline retainer, but the snap ring and washer are missing.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showt...amed-scratch-build-now-Running-With-Scissors&

The second is Chopped. It also has a 54mm motor mount, but with retention clips.
https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?52902-New-scratch-build-quot-Chopped

No recovery in either of them; both have rail buttons. First come, first served.

311_decal.jpg

312_decal.jpg

View attachment Chopped54mm.ork

170_decal.jpg

171_decal.jpg

184_retention.jpg

316_ding.jpg

317_retainer.jpg

318_retainer.jpg

View attachment Running_cone1c_long_v2 .ork

Sweet. My week plans changed, allowing me to attend.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

That's good news! Look for the old fat guy in the Lunartic hat, next to the old blue Ford pickup with the big shell.

Lunartic3.jpg

truck.JPG

That's good news! Look for the old fat guy in the Lunartic hat, next to the old blue Ford pickup with the big shell.

For second there, I thought you had the top of a spot-a-pot on top of your truck....

Would love to see these fly! I'm sure Eric will give them a good home!

I will have to run some numbers, get recovery set up. But I'm hoping to have more motors for the February launch.

Describing the vehicle makes the most sense as "look for the old fat guy" wouldn't it narrow it down much at our launches.

I'm pretty sure I'll be the only old fat guy there wearing a Lunartic hat.

Yes, still going. And my son decided to join me now. He is not a big fan of the high power stuff yet.

Sweet. I'll be in my green F-150 with blue popup canopy

Jim that OR package worked perfectly. Thank you so much. I was playing around with it last night. Was running sims on some motors I have to fly "running with scissors" in February.

Thanks for some great rockets Jim. "Running with Scissors" is almost ready to go. Just new to assemble the motor, deployment charge and repack the chute.

An Adept22 was added to the nose cone bulkplate for apogee deployment with motor backup. We will see how static vents on a nose cone work out. I won't really be going over 2000' with this. But now I can fly VMax in it.

It has a 18' tubular nylon shock cord with nomex protection. Installed a LOC 48" chute on a swivel. Should land at 19ft/sec with a post burn weight of 77oz.

Unless I can pick up a better motor before the 3rd. She will fly on a AT H170M-8, leaving the rail at 58ft/sec and get up to 1550'.
0117182035a.jpg

So it works with the GLR retainer? I never thought about using an Aeropack adapter with it.

Yes, it fit great. With the adapter, the motor, Then the aeropack retainer washer under the snap ring. The motor can move about .050 forward and aft. Not sure if that will be an issue, or how to fit that yet.

Do most snap ring retainers allow the motor to move a little?

I don't know. That was the only snap ring retainer I ever put on a rocket, and I never flew it.

I think the only issue that could arise, is when the ejection charge fires the motor case could slide back .050" and maybe bend the snap ring.

I always put a couple wraps of masking tape on the motor case so it is more of a snug fit inside the adapter. So I don't believe it will be a problem.

Back