Eggfinder Mini Battery help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dipstick

Reaction score
Hi all, and sorry if this question has been answered, feel free to post a thread...

I recently bought an assembled Eggfinder Mini. I'm now trying to figure out how to power it. I've never used lipos yet, and need some help. Will this battery work with my eggfinder mini? Does anyone know what these connection types are to attach the battery to the eggfinder? https://www.amazon.ca/DLG-800mAh-High-Discharge-Powerful-Battery/dp/B01M61PBAU/ref=sr_1_2?s=toys&ie=UTF8&qid=1514695538&sr=1-2&keywords=2s+lipo+800mah+JST

Preference is Amazon because I'm in Canada and cross border shipping is pricey.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Use a 2s lipo only and get some jst connectors in bulk off eBay. You'll need a charger and I like a B6https://hobbyking.com/en_us/imax-b6-50w-5a-charger-discharger-1-6-cells-genuine.html
Others will share their opinions. For long life, don't store the packs fully charged. There is a storage setting on the B6 charger which you can place your pack on for safe storage. Every month or two I'll cycle my packs through the storage charge setting to make sure they're maintained at that level. Only charge up when you're ready to use them.
That's it in a nutshell. Only use a 2s lipo with the eggfinder. Do not use 1s pack. Kurt

If you have the room and need the weight for center of gravity purposes, think of extra battery capacity as insurance. I had an Eggfinder TRS sitting on the pad for an hour and a half while the launch host ran through a poop pile of level 1 certifications and a drag race. I didn't worry because I was using a 1300mah 2S lipo that was freshly charged up.
If a recovery turns out to be difficult, you might be rushed to get the recovery pulled off with the lower capacity battery. Again it's a big trade-off. You do what you have to do. Kurt

Appreciate the feedback here. I've found everything I need now. Just curious, has anyone done a time test to see how long the 800mah 2S goes? That's the one Eggfinder recommends.

Appreciate the feedback here. I've found everything I need now. Just curious, has anyone done a time test to see how long the 800mah 2S goes? That's the one Eggfinder recommends.

Once I forgot to unplug my mini until I got home from a launch. It ended up running for about 8 hours on a 600mAh. It was at 6.5volts after that. I haven't done a time test on the 300mAh that fits great in the sled.

So I just did a time test with my mini and Pulse 300mAh 2s. It took 4.5 hours to get down to 7.0 volts. It would easily go 5.5 hours without harming the battery.

Last edited:

I did runs on a 1200mah pack on the very first EF's and I was seeing 7 to 8 hours on 700 or 800mah. It was the amount I was seeing when I recharged the 1200mah
pack. You won't be able to drain an 800mah pack like that but it will last quite some time. More than enough to do the recover or at least find the rocket.
Of course if it sinks in a lake, you're SOL no matter what you use to track!

Oh, if you over discharge a lipo, send it to the recyclers. No way to bring it back to life like a NiCad or Nimah. Can sometimes squeeze them back to some sort
of serviceable life but not so with lipos. You lose a rocket or accidentally leave it on, if the tracker/battery is dead, the lipo needs to be replaced. If the tracker is still running, you can shut it off and attempt to recharge. If the charger goes into charge mode safely, you should be (and the pack should be) ok. Kurt

Back