Coming to your neighborhood soon -LOL

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaxQ

Tripoli 2747
Reaction score
They're coming to public hearings and City Council meetings now, they can't be stopped......!!:facepalm:
...advance to 0:58

[video=youtube;SnVQhU-fIHQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnVQhU-fIHQ[/video]

Last edited:
I Googled "Bubbles in Space" , but I don't think this is what they were talking about.

[video]https://youtu.be/UJDW296Kqe0?t=1[/video]

I get the feeling this all started as an internet trolling meme that grew legs of it's own. Now it's out of control.

Easiest way to debunk them on their terms, I would think, is to tell them to stand on their head on a cloudy day and see for themselves how the clouds appear to curve "upward" from that point of view.

You can actually see the curvature that way. We're so used to seeing it right-side-up that we don't notice it until we're upside-down.

All in all, there's no harm in letting people believe the Earth is whatever shape. Makes them look silly, sure. But eventually they'll be proved wrong once space travel becomes more accessible. Then only a few handfulls of people will still believe, same number as before the internet.

All in all, there's no harm in letting people believe the Earth is whatever shape. Makes them look silly, sure. But eventually they'll be proved wrong once space travel becomes more accessible. Then only a few handfulls of people will still believe, same number as before the internet.

Yeah, it's all fun and games until these clowns get elected to school boards, and insert their fantasies into a school curriculum somewhere in AK, AL, or TN.

BTDT with creationism...

2_gif.gif

a

You don't understand southern hospitality one bit. It's a warm welcome in one hand, free ice tea, cold brew beers, fresh pies, and a shotgun or rifle in the other incase said flat earth or hippy stupidity walks in as they'll kindly get asked to leave.
RlHclnk.jpg

We'll talk SEC, Football, Nascar, Politics, Religion, Guns, Sports, Science, Government, Moonshining, heck even Aliens someday, but that Flat Earth crap is generally not tolerated in our neighborhoods. Only so much stupidity one can tolerate then its well not bearable. They're free to go speak flat earth over yonder in another hollow. Our schools still got guards. And the PTA is full of ignorant hicks of parents preventing further school board stupidity.

We might be dumb about the civil war. And we get pissed about statues of history being destroyed. But we do believe the world is round. And them flat earth types can f*** off. Southerners of all kinds pride themselves as bigots some-days.

Our laws allow destructive devices, short barreled rifles, machine guns, standard capacity NATO STANAG magazines, and silencers. Some of these pansies of states don't even allow hollow point bullets which are safer and don't penetrate multiple people in self defense shootings. Anyways...

You can just X off Alabama and Tennessee from that thar list.

I'll just say that anyone in need of a laugh should visit the Flat Earth Society website and read their FAQ.

Example:
What about gravity?
The theory of gravity is patently false. Things just fall.

If Sir Isaac Newton was alive today he'd punch these clowns, and then I'd really laugh.

I get the feeling this all started as an internet trolling meme that grew legs of it's own. Now it's out of control.

Easiest way to debunk them on their terms, I would think, is to tell them to stand on their head on a cloudy day and see for themselves how the clouds appear to curve "upward" from that point of view.

You can actually see the curvature that way. We're so used to seeing it right-side-up that we don't notice it until we're upside-down.

Even easier- make them watch a sunset, and then ask them why the ground isn't on fire.

Just found a few minutes to watch this. Scary stuff.

Remember, half the people are below average. Having said that, these believers appear to be well and truly at the extreme of the distribution.

I really think it's got to be just an attention-grabbing scheme. I can't explain anyone actually seriously being THAT stupid. And now I just played right into their scheme!

I can't explain anyone actually seriously being THAT stupid.

No. Sadly there are people literally that stupid, fortunately they are very few, and far between common. As someone else truly noted these are people at the very end of the bell curve distribution. People that are mature adults whom have long refused to learn the Earth is a sphere. There were a few "Flat Earth" types working 11 hour shifts at a local VW factory I had an internship at. They found out I was on a HPR rocket team for university at an engineering program and well they kept on yammering about that flat earth garbage. The other co-workers that had to deal with listening to flat earth rants for years were basically pooling money for MiG-29 edge of space flights because they were that sick of hearing the rants by the very few flat earth people there. One of the tug drivers left it at, I wish we could chunk these flat earth morons up there so they could see it for themselves that Earth isn't flat because they call all the youtube videos of rockets fake. There were two flat earthers out of a twenty thousand shift of workers, and everyone else hated them bitterly, because these flat earth morons would act like the rest of us were stupid yet they were the fools.

It's beyond pathetic. It's like gee I have a mental disability yet I understand the Earth is a sphere, but this random person is so stupid there is no point in continuing discussion because its not even funny anymore especially when said person truly believes otherwise. From what I could tell, they weren't acting or playing attention games. It would start with I truly believe... Then conversation would landslide into a unrecoverable spiral that no amount of logic could convince person to think otherwise. There are people out there dumber than retards, and I'm a retard whose a semester off from graduating with BSME.

It's quite horrifying to realize some people are so naïve. A backwoods hillbilly will look like an ivy league person by intelligence next to a flat earth person. Just saying. Truly saddening.

I couldn't believe people could be so stupid until I saw that kind of stupid happen for real.
There's stupid. Then there's people that don't want to learn or care what you think.
You can fix stupid if stupid wants to learn. You can't fix the later.

In other conspiracy news... I've come up with the perfect internet argument. Go on YouTube and post a video asserting that Pluto doesn't exist, then watch the chaos. But is it a nonexistent planet?​

Or if I could do an analogy with politics you normally have a person that selects republican, democrat, independent, or rarely that other lone lunatic who proudly exclaims that he/she wrote "this" person whom stands zero chance of mathematically winning an election.

That's the kind of stupidity I can't understand. As a Trump voter and republican, I had more respect for Hillary voters than I did for that one loser out of a group of voters who would brag about writing in someone not on an election list, I've never heard of into an election. Not trying to get too political. It's hard for me to find an analogy that works with a Flat Earth kind of person its so rare to find one it will shock you.

Or if I could do an analogy with politics you normally have a person that selects republican, democrat, independent, or rarely that other lone lunatic who proudly exclaims that he/she wrote "this" person whom stands zero chance of mathematically winning an election.

That's the kind of stupidity I can't understand. As a Trump voter and republican, I had more respect for Hillary voters than I did for that one loser out of a group of voters who would brag about writing in someone not on an election list, I've never heard of into an election. Not trying to get too political. It's hard for me to find an analogy that works with a Flat Earth kind of person its so rare to find one it will shock you.

This is still politics. Please stop.

The flat earth theory must be true, because I saw it on the internet. If it's not true, then now I'm skeptical if the Nazis have UFO bases in Antarctica, some of our countries leaders are reptilians and you can open a locked car door with a tennis ball blowing into the door lock. :wink:

Back