RIP Kevin O'Classen

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

H_Rocket

Death by Powerpoint
Reaction score
Kevin's wife Diane posted on Facebook today that he passed on Christmas Day. I do know he was quite ill for a while and he held his head up right to the very end. I learned so much about hybrid motors from Kevin and even though he had stepped away to focus on pyrotechnics, I had hoped someday to again see that twisted grin and amusing take on all the middle aged adolescents he hung out with. There is a reference to a final celebration of his life sometime this summer involving his love of fireworks.

A sad day. I knew Kevin from a few years back when we would fly hybrids at Geneseo, Nerrf and Potter. He was innovative, making a hybrid fuel grain from the dirt at the Metra field (which occasionally caught fire by itself). Always kind and helpful. Another loss for the rocketry community.

I did not know him..
Sounds like my loss..
R.I.P.

Teddy

A sad day. I knew Kevin from a few years back when we would fly hybrids at Geneseo, Nerrf and Potter. He was innovative, making a hybrid fuel grain from the dirt at the Metra field (which occasionally caught fire by itself). Always kind and helpful. Another loss for the rocketry community.

I do remember Moondust and (I think) Stearic Acid. The performance was actually quite up to expectation. What say we break out the gas and do a couple for Kevin at NSL?

I do remember Moondust and (I think) Stearic Acid. The performance was actually quite up to expectation. What say we break out the gas and do a couple for Kevin at NSL?

Awesome. I have a full tank.

Diane just posted

"A Celebration of life for Kevin will be held on Saturday January 6th at the Goshen town hall, at 1pm in Goshen Vt, with a pot luck luncheon.
Thank you everyone for your condolences and memories. We will have the finale this summer, we will keep you posted."

I am saddened that I can't make it and would love to hear from anyone who is planning to make the trip and passing through the greater Hartford area.

Back