Ottawa Rocketry 2018 launch Schedule

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dario

Reaction score
Our 2018 calendar has been approved:

January 14, 2018
January 28, 2018
February 11, 2018
February 25, 2018
March 11, 2018
March 25, 2018
April 8, 2018
April 22, 2018
May 6, 2018
May 20, 2018
June 3, 2018
June 17, 2018
July 8, 2018
July 22, 2018
August 12, 2018
August 26, 2018
September 9, 2018
September 23, 2018
October 21, 2018
November 4, 2018
November 18, 2018
December 2, 2018
December 16, 2018

Please be sure to check our mailing list or Facebook group for Go/No Go status on day of launch.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1551003295134206/

Here are some pictures from the January 28, 2018 event. Fun was had by all

Some of the club members waiting at the Grenade Range gate.
koWYKFC.jpg

The range was a little slick. We have had spells of bitter cold, above zero with rain and just plain cold and it results in fields that look like this.
pHuKDTS.jpg

Here's a design using a ring plate to up the drag. Worked great under thrust but not so great after the motor burnt out. I'm sure the designers will come up with something for its next launch.
PxWOUXR.jpg

A glider design that worked fine on the up part but needed more lift to get into a glide. It corkscrewed in at a steep angle and now has the designer back at the drawing board.
fDb4iGi.jpg

This was the last flight for this version as it came in almost ballistic and destroyed most of the body tube and the whole forward aileron section. I'm sure he will rebuild and come back with a new version.

You should try to come to the next ORG event. Unlimited altitude up to G motors!

This was the last flight for this version as it came in almost ballistic and destroyed most of the body tube and the whole forward aileron section. I'm sure he will rebuild and come back with a new version.

You should try to come to the next ORG event. Unlimited altitude up to G motors!
That sounds pretty similar to what happened at CRMRC. Hopefully it'll get figured out eeventually...

Sent from my LGL44VL using Tapatalk

NO GO for February 11, 2018 launch event.

Environment Canada predicts the following: Mainly cloudy with 40 percent chance of flurries this morning. Snow or ice pellets beginning near noon then changing to freezing rain this afternoon. Snow and ice pellet amount 2 cm. Wind becoming northeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 this morning then becoming west 20 this afternoon. High minus 2.

Where is your launch site and what is your ceiling? I may be heading over to Ottawa this summer to visit family and if so I might try to work a launch in.

We launch on the grenade range at the Connaught Range & Primary Training Centre off Carling Avenue. Always check the GO/NO GO call on our Yahoo Group, Facebook or here before coming out. We meet at the P1 parking lot on the right side of Rifle Road not the one at the rivers edge for 11:45am (winter hours). We enter the base as a group and proceed to the grenade range to launch our rockets. If you show up late you will not get in as the locked access gate to the grenade range is far enough away from our activities that we wont hear you.

A to G impulse = unlimited ceiling if your still a model rocket (less that 1500 grams).

H and above is limited to 750 feet above ground level. Yes, 750' AGL is low and means oddrocs or high impulse motors on big rockets. RSO approval is also required before you launch a HP rocket, so a simulation showing you won't break the ceiling on our authorization is a good idea.

Hope to see you on the field.

NO GO for February 25, 2018 launch event

I'm calling it early so everyone can sleep in tomorrow morning.

Environment Canada is calling for the following;

Periods of snow or freezing rain changing to freezing rain in the morning then changing to drizzle in the afternoon and ending late in the afternoon then clearing. Wind east 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming south 30 gusting to 50 late in the afternoon.

https://weather.gc.ca/city/pages/on-118_metric_e.html

We are GO for the March 11, 2018 launch event.

Weather's not perfect but its good enough.

See you at the P1 parking lot for 9:45am.

Not sure who this one belongs to but it looks cool.
IeYxsQt.jpg

A D powered screamer.
s0cUGdD.jpg

A linen phenolic minimum diameter.
xX5uWnB.jpg

My dead popcorn bowl oddroc...the H255 cracked it and the frozen ground made the pieces jump apart. I have another identical bowl so it will be rebuilt.
hWamwJR.jpg

Not sure who this one belongs to but it looks cool.
IeYxsQt.jpg

A D powered screamer.
s0cUGdD.jpg

A linen phenolic minimum diameter.
xX5uWnB.jpg

My dead popcorn bowl oddroc...the H255 cracked it and the frozen ground made the pieces jump apart. I have another identical bowl so it will be rebuilt.
hWamwJR.jpg

Love the NYPower logo. If you're coming down for NSL, send me a PM and I will send you the NSL logo.

Love the NYPower logo. If you're coming down for NSL, send me a PM and I will send you the NSL logo.

Thanks. I was bummed that the sticker broke because I would have tried to peel it off and put it on the new bowl if it stayed whole.

I am coming down for NSL. Will there be NSL logo stickers available?

NO GO for July 22, 2018 launch event.

Calling it early so everyone can sleep in!

Environment Canada predicts rain and high winds.

NO GO for the August 26, 2018 launch event. Too many senior club members are unavailable. Next potential event is September 9, 2018.

We are GO for the September 9, 2018 launch event.

We are GO for the September 23, 2018 launch event.

I'm planning to try and make the October 21st event. I hope the weather is good. As of now, I don't belong to the ORG, and can rarely (almost never) do Sundays. Can I guest launch some rockets? I don't currently have anything over E power. Otherwise, I'm happy to just come and check it out.

I'm planning to try and make the October 21st event. I hope the weather is good. As of now, I don't belong to the ORG, and can rarely (almost never) do Sundays. Can I guest launch some rockets? I don't currently have anything over E power. Otherwise, I'm happy to just come and check it out.

Hi Tyler,
Spectating is always free. We do not require that you join for your first flying event with ORG. If you want to come back and keep flying at our events we would like that you join at that time. It's a fun club with lots of activity, you won't be disappointed.
Greg

Back